• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Awakenings: Chapter 1

Shalimar

First Post
Conner

The blonde girl smiles up at you, "I'm not so nice after a long nap either, but I know Mr. Black, when my daddy was at council meetings, I used to go with him sometimes, and he was always really nice to me when something very important wasn't going on. I am sory about that, I thought you might have already known my name, its Kaitlen, Kaitlen Kerensky. Its very nice to meet you Conner." she says warmly to the giant of a teenager. "I guess it looks like we are going to be very close to each other for awhile, I'm sorry he's making you do this, but it will be nice to be around you guys for awhile." she says, giving Conner a winning smile.

Black looks to one of his soldiers who gives a short shake of his head. "That will not be possible, my tech was having problems just overcoming the lock out on the coldsleep system. We wont be here much longer regardles. I need you to protect Kaitlen, she is important to the Head Councilor, and he does not need any distractions at the moment." the Colonel explains to Conner.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Josiah listened to the others and their talk of Commander Black. It took a few moments to remember him. His brain seemed kind of foggy - as though it was busy doing other stuff. But he did remember him, leader of the Commonwealth forces and all of that.

Josiah was shocked to be singled out with the others, but chalked it up to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It looked like he would be traveling with the others for a time - at least according to Black. Josiah hunched a little and made himself even smaller. He stayed near the large boy so that others would see him rather than Josiah. Josiah listened and nodded his head to the instructions Commander Black gave. Man, he sure does look spookier than what I remember from before, Josiah thought.

Shocked a second time in as many minutes, Josiah's jaw dropped a bit when the large boy spun on him and demanded his name.

Calinon said:
He waits there until the others that were singled out with him come up and asks the other two of them with a natural smile, "So what's yer name?"

"Uhmmm, my name's Josiah, sir," he responded haltingly, trying to get his tongue and vocal cords working for the first time in possibly quite some time.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Hey! You heard as me. He was talking about killing peoples. Do you think it is right?"

Samir continue to help people as much as possible. always getting an ear on the conversation, and an eye on the girl.

Shalimar

First Post
"Its very nice to meet you Josiah, I just kinda wish it was under better circumstances." Kaitlen as she looks from one of her protectors to the others. "He didn't really mean it, eer, um, what is your name?" she asks of the muslim. "I really don't think he meant it, hes really gruff, but nice enough once you get to know him. He just wants as few of us, and as few of his men to get hurt as possible, so following his orders is the best way to do that. We are all citizens of the Fed Com after all, we all have the same rights, and right now, the leader of our armed forces is asking us to do something for the safety of us as well as his men." the girl says placatingly to Samir, sounding entirely genuine, meaning every word of it.

"One minute." Black calls out, not even bothering to look up from his map board as he intently fiddled with buttons. The Conversations amongst the rest of the teenagers sub-sided immediately, each facing their own private fears. All of them were standing, getting themselves ready to run, and with the fear the Councilman's speach had placed in them, they could probably make all the world's records from running for all of the adrenaline that was making the rounds through their bodies. A few were vomiting, but they were ignored, leaving them some dignity.

One girl, muttering rapidly that she hoped she didn't get hit seemed to be a little blury, but the rest ignored it, she was close to the back, and the others passed it off as an after effect of the cold-sleep. Another faded completely from slight, but no one noticed. A boy began scratching irratibly at his skin underneath his tunic, it had began to itch horrendously the longer he was out of the pod.

Corinthi

First Post
Demetrius Walker

The slender black teenager quietly watches the proceedings, offering little in the way of opinion. After noting the young girl seems fine, he manages to get his limbs working again. As he stands unsteadily, he reaches up to rub his eyes, face contorted into a bit of a wince, as if suffering from a bad headache.

At Connor's question the young boy looks up at the massive teen and clears his throat. "Day call me Trey. Real name is Demetrius, but Trey be fine." He coughs lightly and grinds the heel of his hand into his temple. "Be needin' some water. Head's all messed up. Yo' head hurtin?"

Velmont

First Post
"But what the hell is happening here!" Than he look at Kaitlen "Call me Sam if you want. And miss, I mean no offence, but I know what it is a military. I was in the first lines of the third war and I can see a good military from a brute, but when I get out of a freezer where they put me wihtout explaining me why, leaving me there I don't know how much time, with my sister needing me, I just can't control this anger against some injustice I got."

Calinon

First Post
"Heh, just Connor, Josiah. I aint no 'sir.' I forget I can be intimidatin' sometimes. The curse o' bein' a bit big. An' don'tcha worry. Once you get somethin' to drink, that voice o' yers will prolly be fine."

Looking at Trey, Connor says, "My head is fine, but my sinus' are dried out somethin' fierce. Every breath in burns a bit. I think these tubes affected each of us different. I got an iron constitution; I prolly got off light." He looks over at the other teens, squinting and shaking his head at what he dismisses of tricks of the light.

"I wanna know what's goin' on too, Sam," Connor says, returning his attention to those nearest him, but speaking loud enough to be heard by the other students. "I'm gettin' pretty sure that Kaitlen is right though. This be Councillor Black and these fellows are soldiers for the government, so we are in good, if rough, hands. Answers be comin', we just gotta grin and bear a bit of confusion," he says with a smile.

Shalimar

First Post
Kaitlen looks at Sam incredulously, "We were all put in these sleep thingys for the same reason, they told all of us when we took the test. The test was to see if we had a mutated form of Absolution. Thats why they put us in these, to protect everyone from us, so it wouldn't spread. They were gonna un-freeze us when they had a cure. Everyone was told, everyone. If you say you didn't know, you are lying to yourself. He did already tell us what is going on, this place is being attacked, he is risking his life to get us out. At least be grateful for that." she told him with a hint of irritation at his willfull stupidity.

Velmont

First Post
Samir take gently the arm of another guy who had difficulty to walk. He help him to stand up and he take sure he can walk and follow the group. When Kaitlen finish her sentence, he turns around and tell on a bitter voice: "And they told us we would go to sleep and wake up just a moment after, as we had never gone to sleep. Well, I will tell you, I have lived the same dream, the same nigthmare just too many times, living again the horrors of war and death, being told that I was responsible of the death of my mother, that the enemy took pleasure to rape my sister, that my father and brother were torture to death just becase I wasn't there to help the when they needed me. And each them they were telling me that, I was seeing it too. And that I lived it again and again. Where was the nice sleep they promise me?" When he describe his dreams, tears could be seen in his eyes and pain was filling his face.

When he finish his speech, he wipe his tears and turns around and go to see a girl which seems to be confused and fearfull, and Samir whispers to her with a calm voice: "Calm down lady, those guys are here to protect us. Here, take my arm, and stay close to me, we will make it out of here."

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
The oriental girl who Samir whisperd to backs away from him fearfully, as do all of the other teens, afraid of him, thinking he's crazy. "Get the hell away from me you creep." she tells him as she steadies herself. She walks away from him to stand next to one of the slodiers eyeing Samir fearfully, wondering if he is going to start yelling and screaming.

"As pressing as your being pissed off is, its time to move, when we aren't all in danger, I'll let you yell and scream at the science geeks, in fact, it would be my pleasure to help." Black said from behind his helmet as he puts away his map board, "now lets move!" he says, raising his voice to make it carry. The quartet of soldiers move cautiously back out through the doors, their rifles sweeping out along their visual path, slowly scanning the outer hallway. Another quartet were at the far end of the hall way, firing their weapons outwards in a steady hissing crackle. Bursts of red light leapt outward from the barrels, illuminating the first sight of the out doors that any of you have had since waking.

As the second quartet of soldiers approach the outer doorway, the firing off the outer group picks up until between the two groups, its a veritable wall of flashing lights probing outward. Black takes Kaitlen's hand and pulls her along to get her and her protectors moving, but he lets go quickly, taking his rifle in both hands. Before he moves through the door, he signals the teens out ino the long corridor. Outside you can hear a loud roar that is getting louder.

Remove ads