• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Awakenings: Chapter 1

Calinon

First Post
The hail of gunfire scares Connor half to death, but he manages to swallow his fear and follow the directions of Black, instinctively putting himself infront of the other teens. "This is the first time I wish I was small," he says quitely, trying to keep his voice from wavering with the sound of increased gun fire. "Sam! Stay close to Kaitlen like we were told! Josiah, Trey, let's g..." He trails off when the roaring sound comes to his ears and begins to get louder, he asks out loud, "Sweet Jesus, what is that?"

Corinthi

First Post
"'Spect we's about to find out, Connor." Trey answers simply, keeping up with the moving mass of teenagers and soldiers. "Youza might wanna stay low when we's outside. Dey be shootin' fo' folks shootin' back befo' dey shoot kids, but dey might miss."

Trey says that with the simple surety of someone who's experienced something similiar in the past. The boy still has one hand pressed to the side of his head and his eyes are narrowed and squinting, but he does seem to be moving a bit easier as his body gets used to actually working.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor said:
"This is the first time I wish I was small," he says quitely, trying to keep his voice from wavering with the sound of increased gun fire.

No . . . you don't, thought Josiah looking at the strong boy and the protective way that Kaitlen held his arm - at least until Black took her hand and guided her, and the others along.

Josiah stayed close to Connor, and distanced himself from the one called Sam. Even though they were traveling together, Josiah had learned to try and stay away from the volatile ones. Those were the ones that would beat you up just for being easy to pick on.

Josiah followed instructions of Commander Black as closely as possible, certain that the man would carry out his threats to the group of kids. Regardless of what had happened in his life, Josiah didn't want to give up and die . . . not like others he had known. If he just stayed alert and kept as many walls as possible between himself and a threat, perhaps he would get out of here alive . . .

. . . until he heard the roar and his stomach immediately attempted a dry heave. Luckily, it was unsuccessful, but only by a bit. Josiah was still trying to swallow his stomach back down as he took a step closer to Connor and looked around for trouble.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
When the oriental girl move away from him, he feels the pain in his hearth, just as she would have stab him.

"As pressing as your being pissed off is, its time to move, when we aren't all in danger, I'll let you yell and scream at the science geeks, in fact, it would be my pleasure to help." Black said from behind his helmet as he puts away his map board, "now lets move!"

"Sam! Stay close to Kaitlen like we were told! Josiah, Trey, let's g..."

He starts to follow the group, he naturally takes a crouching postion, and moves with light steps.

"Sweet Jesus, what is that?"

"I never heard that!" Samir reply to the big fellow.

Shalimar

First Post
"That is our transport. Now lets board it." Colonel Black shouts as he moves himself and his squad out into the night. As the teenagers follow the soldiers outside, they catch their first glimpse of the craft that is making the roaring noise, or more precisely, crafts. Three swift moving vehicles approach on cushions of air, moving at better then 215 miles per hour, and spitting fire from their assault cannons. They swung themselves at the last instant, facing the way they had come, before they dropped boarding ramps. "No more then 20 to a dragon," Black calls, gesturing Kaitlen and the quartet to his own.

Being the furthest away, the teens are partially loaded onto the other Dragons, before the Kaitlen, the soldiers and the others even make it to their own transport, when you all catch your first sight of those who are shooting at you. The ones shooting at you are all tall, taller and bulkier then even Connor, although Josiah notices that it might be mainly their armor, which bears a resemblance to the Fed-Com armor, although it has a more organic quality about it, it has spikes coming from the Knees, elbows, and wrists. One individual, from what you can make out of him, he has blue skin and shoulder length white hair. His hands hold a black staff that begins to glow green as you watch, his right hand taps a button, and a blaze of green light flashes outward, striking one of the teens, knocking her off her feet.

The girl rolls for a moment before coming to a stop face down. More blasts streak out towards you, one even catches a small boy, but miraculously, it appears not to hurt him, only leaving a smoking hole in his shirt. He looked down astonishedly at his chest, too shocked to even move. Another boy grabs him and leads him up onto the closest dragon. Another burst passes cleanly through the shimmering girl and leaves her none-the-worse.

"Move it, kids!" Black shouts as he lines up a shot on the gunman.

Calinon

First Post
"Ohmygod! Look at the size of those guys," Connor says in awe at the sight. He's shaken out of his brief moment of inactivity when the girl ahead gets hit by a beam of green light.

"They're shooting at us!" he exclaims when the girl is hit. When he sees others get shot and remain unharmed, his brow wrinkles in confusion, though he keeps enough of his wits to make his way to the craft. "She's not moving!" he says, moving towards where she fell as quickly as he can.

OOC: If the girl who was shot is near enough, or if nobody moves to take her to a craft, Connor will move to retrieve her, then rush to board the transport. I'm assuming the craft are relatively close together and it wouldn't take more than a few seconds, and I could be wrong there. If it looks like getting her is not an option at all, he'll continue to the transport.

Velmont

First Post
While the Dragon where appraoching, Samir tell:"Impressive vehicle. If we had that during the war..."

When Black gives his orders, Samir obey without questionning, and start to move to the Dragon. He runs with a low profile, looking to where he goes, only looking fastly to the action.

"She's not moving!" he says, moving towards where she fell as quickly as he can.

Samir grabs the arm of Connor and shout to him to cover the sounds of the fight: "It is no time for bravery, or you'll endanger more life. Trust me on that one!" And he pull the big guy into the Dragon.

Shalimar

First Post
Calinon said:
OOC: If the girl who was shot is near enough, or if nobody moves to take her to a craft, Connor will move to retrieve her, then rush to board the transport. I'm assuming the craft are relatively close together and it wouldn't take more than a few seconds, and I could be wrong there. If it looks like getting her is not an option at all, he'll continue to the transport.
OOC: Retreiving her isn't an option, she is about 20 feet behind you, about halfway between the building and the Dragon. The Dragons are 40, 60, and 80 feet from the building in a roughly triangular position.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
When Commander Black said move, Josiah moved. His head was down but his eyes were still alert, watching for danger. Seeing the huge armor, almost made Josiah as afraid of the attackers as he was of Commander Black. Luckily Josiah was already moving toward the Dragon.

Josiah stayed with Kaitlen, Connor and the others until Connor stopped. Josiah kept going and headed toward the indicated Dragon, bring Kaitlen along if necessary. He wasn't going to get into trouble with Black because he didn't protect Kaitlen.

Corinthi

First Post
Something about the way the girl falls is familiar to Trey and he doesn't spare her a second look. "She be gone, man. Gots to go. She be in a good place now, somewhere we's gonna be if we don't get in da truck."

Despite the hectic chaos of battle going on around the group, Trey is unusually calm. He's hunkered low and walking fast, but he's not sweating, shaking, and his voice is even. Other than the way he's keeping a hand pressed to his forehead, he actually seems fairly at peace.

Remove ads