• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Awakenings: Chapter 1

Calinon

First Post
Radiant said:
"Aeh...you big scary guy over there. Not that I want to intrupt you or something but you'r kinda like trashing the interior decorations. It's not so nice to begin with but since we are flying in it you might want to leave it in one peace."
"Can't help shoddy construction, lass. Designed to turn asside beams o' light aint exactly built to stand up to someone my size I guess."

Velmont said:
Ironically, it is me who have manifested no mutation yet.

"You and me both, bud. And Trey there still looks like he's been shot or somethin', not mutated." Watching Kaitlen grow to normal size, he shakes his head and rubs his eyes. "Well, that's an improvement for ya. At least ya won't have to shop in the toy store for yer clothes, Lass." He takes a few steps carefully to Trey and pulls him up to a nearby seat.

Velmont

First Post
Calinon said:
"You and me both, bud. And Trey there still looks like he's been shot or somethin', not mutated."

"I'll conced for Trey, maybe it isn't a mutation and just an head-ache caused by our waking up from cryobeds, but you! You are laughing at me? No mutation? Those guys train 2 to 4 hours a day for years to have the shape to wear only one of those armor, and you just get out of a cold bed, you didn't made exercise for I don't know how much time, and you just grab those two guys, one in each hand, like it would be dolls. Even the strongest man I have met would have pull only one guy to the ship, not carry both like school bags."

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Velmont said:
"I'll conced for Trey, maybe it isn't a mutation and just an head-ache caused by our waking up from cryobeds, but you! You are laughing at me? No mutation? Those guys train 2 to 4 hours a day for years to have the shape to wear only one of those armor, and you just get out of a cold bed, you didn't made exercise for I don't know how much time, and you just grab those two guys, one in each hand, like it would be dolls. Even the strongest man I have met would have pull only one guy to the ship, not carry both like school bags."
"Woah down there, Sam. The cold-sleep didn't change my body none. None of us are really any worse for wear physically now are we?

"I never did trainin'. I never needed ta excersise. I been workin' construction with my dad since I was a wee kid. I'm bigger'n any men workin' but me dad, an only a hair smaller than him. I been carryin' bags of cement, stacks of lumber and iron beams in my arms for years by my reckonin'. Those two boys are a bit harder to hold, but sure aint no heavier. It's not like I picked up a bus or nothin,"
he says with a chuckle.

"I aint laughin' at ya,"
Connor says reassuringly. "I'm just tellin' ya nothin' much special been happenin' to me yet either. Now, if I got some comic super-power, I'd want mine to be the ability to summon some food. That cold-sleep has left me a mite peckish. I could really go for lunch."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Josiah sat quietly on one of the planes seats near Commander Black but not in his direct line of sight. He just wanted to be left alone, and so far, it was working. Connor and Kaitlen were drawing much of the attention, and the others were much more vocal than he. Josiah just wanted people to stop picking on him - he thought things would be different when he woke up . . . that somehow everything that had happened so far would have been worth something.

Though . . . he wasn't certain that he made the rock jump up and block the blast of one of the attackers . . . he had see it and just longed for something . . . anything to block the shot. Josiah had see the rock between him and the attacker, then it moved. Definitely wierd.

Josiah wasn't going to speak up about it until he was certain that Commander Black or others wouldn't kill him for having them . . . or worse. Josiah just gave a slight grin . . . happy he was still alive - even after everything.

Velmont

First Post
"Think what you want, but both of them, with their equipement, must weight over 600lbs easily. You carry them just like I would carry haystacks, and they are not made of herbs."

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer knocks on the wall.
"Feels solid to me."
She tries to find a not too uncomfortable place to sit, draws her legs to herself and lets her head rest on the knees.
It's cold, I'm hungry and I really could need a few minutes of peace to get myself together.

Shalimar

First Post
The med-tech looks up from where he is currently treating the soldiers that were injured. "Son, the Armor on these Dragons is tough enough to stand up to a collision at 50 mph without a scratch, so, its definitely you, at a guess, I would say you are super-strong judging from the way you lifted these two so easily. It'd be interesting to see just what you can do, all of you I mean. Once we get back to hope, all of you will have some exams to make sure your all ok, and tell you what your powers actually are, and just how far you can stretch them."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Velmont said:
. . . And I have a sister who was working on a farm, can I have a hope to see her again?"

Josiah bowed his head slightly and stared down at the floor as he thought of his sister at the farm. His eyes teared and he tried to hide it from the others in the transport. Of course, both the sister and the family farm were no more, both lost to Absolution.

He tried to think of other thoughts something to take his mind off the growing anger at the boy who was complaining. They all had lost a lot and didn't know anything . . . . But Josiah was having a hard time focusing . . .

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
The medic looks over to Black who shrugs his shoulders. "Well, you have all been asleep for 60 years give or take a year, so depending on where it waas she lived, there is a pretty good chance you could see her again. If she lived in Hope, she probably still is alive, medical technology has come a very very long way. A persons lifespan, assuming they have access to Hope, is roughly 120 years, so she most likely would be alive, unless she was one of the people that was killed by the Krytosin. Those are the guys who were shooting at us by the way, nasty bastards." he says, pulling a bandage a bit tighter then it needed to be pulled. Black raises a restraining hand after the last bit.

"The Krytosin are not your concern for the moment, aeventually we will have to deal with them, but your physicals are more important, since that will determine what happens to you know that you are unfrozen."

Remove ads