• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Awakenings: Chapter 1

Radiant

First Post
Shalimar said:
Kaitlen shivers at the cold, although all of your suits are whole, and the insulation is complete, the mess that her wings and size changes had made effectively ruined hers, despite the uncomfort, she smiled encouragingly at Trey, "maybe your like a telepath and can read everyone's thoughts," she suggested.

Jennifer smiles at the thought.
"I so do not want to know some of the thoughts of the people around me most of the time. I'd hope you did not get stuck with something like that."
She looks up to Black.
"Don't you have something for the girl to put on around here? I think we were all frozen long enough."

Calinon

First Post
Radiant said:
Jennifer smiles at the thought.
"I so do not want to know some of the thoughts of the people around me most of the time. I'd hope you did not get stuck with something like that."
"I'm thinkin' of food," Connor says from his seat with a grin. "A nice vegetable stew, with warm buttered bread. Mmm... an' a nice plate of freshly mashed turnips with brown sugar topped with haggis! Nothin' beats haggis," he finishes, and his belly grumbles in agreement. "That and I'm hopin' to get out of this body sock an' into some real clothes. I aint exactly streamlined," he says, patting his belly, "an parts of this damn thing are explorin' where nothin' has business bein' thanks to the run, if ya know what I mean."

Radiant

First Post
Calinon said:
"I'm thinkin' of food," Connor says from his seat with a grin. "A nice vegetable stew, with warm buttered bread. Mmm... an' a nice plate of freshly mashed turnips with brown sugar topped with haggis! Nothin' beats haggis," he finishes, and his belly grumbles in agreement. "That and I'm hopin' to get out of this body sock an' into some real clothes. I aint exactly streamlined," he says, patting his belly, "an parts of this damn thing are explorin' where nothin' has business bein' thanks to the run, if ya know what I mean."

"See, that last parts are the thoughts I wouldn't wan too read."
She lookes down on the bodysuit.
"I think it's cool but we should at least wear something under it."
Her smile changes to a fiendish grin and her eyes sparkle with amusement as she forgets the trouble they just went though between the jokes.
"Maybe 'cause I'm more streamlied though."

Velmont

First Post
Having a meal and a bed every night make people weak, just like that bunch of people!

OOC: Trey may have heard that if you wants Corinthi.

Samir seems quiet and peacefull, you could swear he is sleeping, but you understand he wasn't when he answers. His voice was calm and peacefull and his eyes stay closed all the time.

"Stop complaining. We are alive and you will survive even if we have to travel 24 hours in that vehicle. They are not the Red Cross, the are soldiers. I suppose their mission was only to get us out of there, and they successfully complete that mission. We will have food, cloths and a bed when they will be able to give us one. You should all take some rest, because we never know what will happen next."

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Velmont said:
"Stop complaining. We are alive and you will survive even if we have to travel 24 hours in that vehicle. They are not the Red Cross, the are soldiers. I suppose their mission was only to get us out of there, and they successfully complete that mission. We will have food, cloths and a bed when they will be able to give us one. You should all take some rest, because we never know what will happen next."
"Who's complainin'? It's called humour. Maybe yer sense of it still is in defrost mode," Connor says, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. "An' I'll be damned if after bein' awake for a whole fifteen minutes, an after bein' asleep for a whole sixty years, if I'm feelin' the need ta rest. Hunger," he adds, his stomach growling again, "is somethin' my body is, an' if ya don't wanna hear about it," his stomach growling as he says it, "get deaf right quick."

His stomach lets out loud and long rumble to emphasize the point, and Connor laughs and shrugs helplessly.

Corinthi

First Post
Trey shifts slightly in his seat, replying to Samir, "Can't sleep. Been sleepin' for 60 years an' gots all dis buzzin' in muh head. 'sides, ain't used to sleepin' around so many folks, 'specially new folks. Get's me fidgity. Not that I 'spect y'all will hurt me, just ain't used to it, is all."

He turns his slightly luminescent gaze to Connor, "Ain't never heard o' Haggis before. Wazzat? The rest of the food sounded mighty good though. Course, I'd rather have a good pair o' pants. Dis here jumpsuit makes me feel awful ... umm, well... It just ain't comfortable."

Shalimar

First Post
"She'll survive, its only a few hours until we get back to hope. Just try to fall asleep, there isn't much for any of us to do at the moment, I guess I can fill you in a little, if you want, but there is a limit on what I am able to say. Its up to you though." Black says as her opens a cabinent under his seat. He takes out a bag of rectangular silver packages and passes it out. "Eat this, it should make some of you at least feel better. They're battle rations though so don't expect too much." he says with a small smile, unwrapping his own, it appeared to be a self-warming plate of spaghetti.

"Thank you for your concern, its nice to know that even after we wake up in such a strange place people are stilly friendly" Kaitlen says to Jennifer. "I think I'll be fine though." she says as she cranes her neck back to look at her wings which she flutters gently. "Aren't these just so cute?" she asks of no one in particular.

Radiant

First Post
Velmont said:

Jennifer just shrugs and ignores him, trying not to get trouble with anyone.

"Thank you. My stomach feels like it is still frozen though."
She passes the ration to someone who might want it or puts it back in its place.

"Who's complainin'? It's called humour. Maybe yer sense of it still is in defrost mode," Connor says, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. "An' I'll be damned if after bein' awake for a whole fifteen minutes, an after bein' asleep for a whole sixty years, if I'm feelin' the need ta rest.

"Getting frozen like a some piece of dead flesh doesn't really make me feel fit but I'm so happy to be awake afterall that I don't want to even close my eyes. Who knows then I'll wake up again... ."
She yawns and stretches as good as possible without bumping into someone else.

"Thank you for your concern, its nice to know that even after we wake up in such a strange place people are stilly friendly" Kaitlen says to Jennifer. "I think I'll be fine though." she says as she cranes her neck back to look at her wings which she flutters gently. "Aren't these just so cute?" she asks of no one in particular.

"Your welcome, but really I was frozen for sixty years too so who knows how people are today. At least those blue people looked like they'd consider a headbut a polite greeting. I mean I would not be too happy either if I turned blue but that was a serious overreaction."
She eyes the wings curiously, not yet sure what to think about this whole mutation stuff.

Calinon

First Post
"Haggis'll be a lotta things to a lotta folks. It's pretty simple stuff. The basics are ground sheep, some onion, oatmeal and spices, all baked up, usually in a nice pot with some waxy paper to keep the moisture in. Unless it's traditional style. That's where ya get the good stuff!

"See, ya take a lamb's liver, heart an' lungs, an' an onion and boil 'em up, mix in some browned up oatmeal, mix it all with some suet, stock base an cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper an' salt. Then ya stuff all that in a sheeps stomach, take out the air, prick a few times and boil it for four or five hours. Makes fer good eatin!"

Connor sighs and his stomach grumbles yet again with the thought of such a nice fare, oblivious to any silent negative reactions to his description.

"But in the meantime," he says, taking some combat rations, "I can make due with these." Irregardless of what flavoring he managed to get a hold of, he devours a pack or two.

Remove ads