B.P.R.D. Issue #2 "the Hunger"

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Karl Green said:

Rupert takes a harsh hit and shakes his head…
Rupert is stunned for the round and becomes unstunned on his action, but can't take any action

The bum shakes his head quickly and roars in rage…
Spending a Villain point to become unstunned
…when he jumps straight back and tries to grab the side wall subway tunnel…
Balance check to see how well it can do this… total of a 6
…but it slams into the wall instead and disappears in a flash…
Fall damage, damage check for bum, misses it by 10 points

Rupert can leap to the wall… Balance check DC10 to cling to the wall without taking any damage (only become the subway car is moving pretty fast right now)

Actions for all?

Watching as the freak disappears on the wall - Rupert clears the stars from his head and looks quickly to Ace for some direction.
Rupert didn't want to leave his team, but he knew that examining the spot where freak-boy hit would be good.
glancing back and forth he yells...

"ssssSARG - what's Plan-B and did we have a Plan-A???"

ACTIONS: ready action to listen for Ace's reply OR if Lia jumps off to stay at the site - then leaping up to the ceiling and scampering along to where the bum went splant. Being careful NOT to go splat himself!
Then he'll search the "crime scene" for anything of the bum...

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Karl Green said:
[occ] Yes that would be fine with me... just want to wait a little bit longer to see what Rupert is going to do...[/occ]

OOC: cool

"Ah at last something worthy to hunt."

Lia leaps towards the wall, changing into her wolf form in flight. As she hits hit her hind legs throw her of again, right after the fleeing creature.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's 4

Rupert said:
"ssssSARG - what's Plan-B and did we have a Plan-A???"

"Go . . . go! I'll get this train stopped," Ace replied. Leaning down into the car, he called to Andy, "Andy get the driver to stop this train!"

Ace then looked back to the train top, to help Kongming back into the car.

Karl Green

First Post
NYC Subway, October 10th, 2004, 3:06pm

updated Round 7

Rupert jumps up to ceiling...
Balance test, just to see how graceful 10 +2 =12
...making it and starts moving along it to the wall to see the bum...
Spot roll 12 +0 =12
...seeing him on the ground near where the train is running. He slowly picking himself up off the ground.

Round 8
26 - Ace
25 - Kongming
20 - Lia
14 - Andy
18 - freaky Bum
9 - Rupert

Ace drops down into the subway car and starts banging on the safty glass where the drive is. He seems rather scared and not sure what to do
Intimidation or Diplomacy to get him to do what you want

Kongming holds on for dear life, but so long as he does not move around he is in a safe place.

Lia leaps, changing into a full wolf midway and slamming off the wall, flies straight at where the bum fell...
(You already have Leaping and Bouncing in Wolf form AND Instant Change, so you don't need to spend a Hero point at this case) Attack roll 19 +8 =27 a hit. Damage save for the bum is Misses it by 8 he is stunned and takes a lethal hit
...slamming into him and knocking him back onto the ground with a grunt.

The Bum roars and stands up slashing at Lia...
Spending another villain point to become unstunned. Attack rolls against Lia is 10 and a 24 one hit. Damage save for Lia is 19, missing it by 4, she takes a Lethal hit
...catching her with a glancing blow against her shoulder.

Rupert lashes out with his tongue again...
Attack roll 11 +7 =18 a hit. Grapple grab check for Rupert is 16 +6 =22, vs. Bum total of 9, winning. Unarmed damage save for the bum makes it by 2. CON save vs. Fatigue is natural 20! makes it. Disintegration vs. his cloths is 19 makes that (he's not naked yet). Disruption vs. his highest ranking power or CON is 24, makes that. Drain (CON) vs. his CON total is an 8! He loses 1 point of CON (and to his Dmg/Fort saves as he had and even number there)
...causing the bum to grunt in pain and rage as he looks up at Rupert!

Actions?

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Allready a hard to control demon most of the time, Lia is now injured, angry and changed into her wolf form. She stopped thinking the moment she leaped of the train. Now her eyes glow with murder and she has no intention of stopping before her victim is torn apart.
The wolf snaps at the bum once more, feeling weakness as he accumulates more and more small injures while the wolf heals as fast as she gets hurt.

OOC: hurray, still have a hero point left. Again, using that if my save roll is below natural 10. Not terribly creative with my actions I admit. Lia needs some close combat feats...

Keia

I aim to misbehave

OOC: Diplomacy check Rolled 13 + 0 = 13 total result

"Excuse me, sir," Michael yelled through the glass. "Sgt Michael Camden . . . we've got a situation back here . . . can you stop the train please!"

Karl Green

First Post
NYC Subway, October 10th, 2004, 3:06pm

Round 9
26 - Ace
25 - Kongming
20 - Lia and Subway Driver
14 - Andy
18 - freaky Bum
9 - Rupert

Ace speaks to the driver and seems to up his reaction to him, he says "Ah ok" (and on his reaction, natural 20! he will start to slow the train)

Kongming holds on, looking around but he can't see Lia or Rupert…

Lia bites at the bum, bloodlust in her howl…
Attack roll 17 +8 =23 a hit, Damage save of the bum vs. 23 misses it by 6, ARG… lethal hit and stunned
…causing the bum to reel in pain.

The subway conductor starts to slow the train…
Profession (subway driver) roll 12 +4 =16. The training will begin to slow, it will take 8 rounds to come to a complete stop (as it was not up to full speed yet), but if you want to jump off, Acrobatics save this round of a 25. Within 2 rounds it will take a Acrobatics roll 20 to jump off the train safely. 4 round this will fall to 15, and at 6 round the DC will be 10

Andy moves to the window to try and get a look at Lia and Rupert but they have fallen to far behind…

The Bum shakes off Lia's bite, howls with rage, and bites Rupert's tongue…
Spend a Villain point to become un-Stunned, Attack roll 17 to hit. Rupert Damage save roll 6 +5 =11. ASSUMING you wish to spend a Hero Point this time (as last time it stunned you) re-roll is 17 +5 =22, and takes a 2nd lethal wound
…and while it is painful, Rupert manages to hold on.

Rupert squeezes the bum with his tongue…
((NOTE: I was re-reading Power Attack and "If your Grappling" and there is no attack roll so I am not sure you can power attack. Thoughts?) Damage save of the Bum, misses by 1, takes another Stun hit. Fatigue save is a total of a 21, makes it. Disintegration roll is 4, the bum is now naked. Disruption roll is 13 makes it. Drain save vs. CON is 21 makes that
…causing him to again grunt in pain… BUT he seems to refuse to fall!

Kevin Perrine

First Post
RUPERT speaks in tongues...

Karl Green said:

Lia bites at the bum, bloodlust in her howl…
Attack roll 17 +8 =23 a hit, Damage save of the bum vs. 23 misses it by 6, ARG… lethal hit and stunned
…causing the bum to reel in pain.

The Bum shakes off Lia's bite, howls with rage, and bites Rupert's tongue…
Spend a Villain point to become un-Stunned, Attack roll 17 to hit. Rupert Damage save roll 6 +5 =11. ASSUMING you wish to spend a Hero Point this time (as last time it stunned you) re-roll is 17 +5 =22, and takes a 2nd lethal wound
…and while it is painful, Rupert manages to hold on.

Rupert squeezes the bum with his tongue…
((NOTE: I was re-reading Power Attack and "If your Grappling" and there is no attack roll so I am not sure you can power attack. Thoughts?) Damage save of the Bum, misses by 1, takes another Stun hit. Fatigue save is a total of a 21, makes it. Disintegration roll is 4, the bum is now naked. Disruption roll is 13 makes it. Drain save vs. CON is 21 makes that
…causing him to again grunt in pain… BUT he seems to refuse to fall!

Rupert's prickly tongue flails about from his lips, wrapping the Mr. Freak'o in his tasty sensations - the sizzle of both cloth and whatever the thing's flesh is made of mixes as Rupert struggles to control the beast.
Trying to yell to Lia with his tongue stretched some 8-10' Rupert's words come out like this...

"YEEYA - lllaate thor myee toe wlap my tunn ayound Midda-Theeko aginn... an-din huut hyum wit allyating uuu GOTT!!!!!
LILE HES PWONE!!!"

Power Attack RULE: that makes sense that I can't PowerAttack while already Grappling.
ACTION:
Since the Bum isn't going down quick Rupert will change his attack actions to PINNING the Bum with his next action. After the PIN the Bum shouldn't be able to attack or move and Lia can get a Coup de Gra on him since he'll be helpless. (the Coup de Gra doesn't need to be killing - I believe, but I don't have the rules with me)...
ASSUMING that works, since he hasn't been concerned with Breaking Rupert's grapple up to this point, Rupert will then hold him prone for Lia.

PS. Lia and anyone else should be getting a bonus to hit the bum from being grappled and it'll be impossible not to hit him when prone. But he'll likely BREAK free on the next round, so if Lia can it'd be best to hold initiative until after Rupert pins him then POWER ATTACK him with everything (or Coup de Gra him if Karl will allow that.) just a suggestion...

Keia

I aim to misbehave

"Thank you, sir," Michael replied to the driver. Looking at Andy, Ace called out, "I'm going after them, follow once its safer for you to come help. We'll need both your expertise once we detain him."

He then turned and hustled to the back of the train and opened the back door to jump out.

ooc: Acrobatics check (roll 17! +10 for skill = 27 total).

Radiant

First Post
Lia

She may not understand a word of what the frogman is saying but she does get that her opponent is vulenrable as long as he's caught in that ridiculous tongue. Spit drips from the wide opened jaw of the wolf as she waits for her chance.

OOC: If the bum is still crappled during Lia's action she'll attack, holding her action till after Rupert if she needs to.

Remove ads