B.P.R.D. Issue #2 "the Hunger"

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Seeing the freak bite Rupert Lias eyes glow in a pale yelliw and her jaw unhooks, openeing her mouth far wider than any human should be able to. Her fangs frow at the same time and with a snarl she leaps forward, going for the bums throat but happy to tear out whatever part of him she gets.

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Rupert

Karl Green said:
Crazy bum ignores Lia and bites Rupert…
Can choice to attack or break grapple, goes for the attack. Attack roll total 18, a hit. Rupert's Damage save is 7 +6 =13. I will wait to see if Kevin wish to spend a Hero Point… will only wait for a bit though

Rupert's attacks have been doing little to nothing... The attack on him will spur something from within him...... He only takes a hit (lethal I assume) with that attack, so since the Bum didn't break grapple Rupert can do auto-damage or PIN him making him Immobile for a full round...
Again - since Rupert's attacks haven't been doing much yet, he will spend Extra Effort on his Tounge Attacks to give them POWER ATTACK +5... Since he's already grappling there's no "to hit" roll, so I'd assume the break grapple would get the -5 on the Bum's turn (if he decides to break grapple) but by then we'll know just how tough he is if he's strong enough to resist all of Rupert's tounge effects at +5!!
Does that work???

Seeing the freak whip around nearly ignoring Rupert and then lashing out BITING the newest BPRD agent - Rupert freaks a little on his own... His 10' long tounge winds up around the Bum and like a constrictor snake it tightens!!
and Rupert mumbles
"...thaaayyy n'ownnn..."

Karl Green

First Post
minor Update for Round 6

...and the bite causes the frog-agent to cry out in pain and release the bum from his 'tongue grip'
OK as you did NOT spend hero point to re-roll vs. the attack, so Rupert takes a Lethal hit and is Stunned. Assuming you spend a Hero Point to become unStunned on your turn to act normally... but as you are Stun, you lose the grapple... Do you still want to Powe Attack? Also note that you BAB is only +4 so you can only power attack up to +4 Damage for -4 to Attack...

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's 3

Michael let Kongming head up first, then leaned over to Andy and said, "Andy, get that driver to slow or stop the train, I called the detectives and asked them to stop it, but I don't think they got the message. I'm going to cover Kongming."

Michael climbed through the hatch, and braced himself on the hatch. Half in and half out of the car, Michael drew his weapon and aimed at the bum.

OOC: Base ranged attack +11 +1 point blank +1 focus for +13. Ace has precise shot and rapid fire and he'll take two shots at +11 doing 6L. (rolls of 15 and a nat 20 for totals of 26 and 31, less cover)

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Karl Green said:
minor Update for Round 6

...and the bite causes the frog-agent to cry out in pain and release the bum from his 'tongue grip'
OK as you did NOT spend hero point to re-roll vs. the attack, so Rupert takes a Lethal hit and is Stunned. Assuming you spend a Hero Point to become unStunned on your turn to act normally... but as you are Stun, you lose the grapple... Do you still want to Powe Attack? Also note that you BAB is only +4 so you can only power attack up to +4 Damage for -4 to Attack...

I don't understand any of what's going on I suppose...
I thought I missed the Damage SV by 5, which equalled a hit only. I guess I misread.

so... have to spend a HP to not lose Rupert's Grapple, if he'll lose it anyway for some unknown reason, I'll just be stunned for awhile then Power Attack until the Sarg tells us to retreat - this guy is too powerful for any of us apparently to deal with.

PS. Rupert has Durability if that matters... If it doesn't that means the guy's damage number is higher than +6, since that's Rupert's Damage Save.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Remember I do not tell you if you made the DC or not before you spend the HP... at least by the rules, which is why I did not put what you missed it by in the first post... sorry if I was not clear about that...

future FYI ;) if you want to spend a HP you have to say so... also if YOU want to make your rolls you can. i.e. if you want to make a To-Hit roll, if you don't think it is high enough you can spend a HP and re-roll it. BUT I am not going to tell you the DC generally (sometimes I will, but generally I will keep them secret)

Some people make their rolls, others want me to roll... up to you BUT we are all on the honor system here :D

OH yea I know that Rupert has Durability but the damage was more the +6 so he took a lethal hit

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Kongming nods quickly to Michael in thanks. After maintaining his balance atop the moving train, he looks ahead. Seeing the froglike man dazed momentarily, he quickly and instinctively fires his pistol at the bum.

12+4 attack = 16, 3L damage. Second Balance check, 19.

Karl Green

First Post
NYC Subway, October 10th, 2004, 3:06pm

Updated Round 6

Rupert takes a harsh hit and shakes his head…
Rupert is stunned for the round and becomes unstunned on his action, but can't take any action

Round 7
26 - Ace
25 - Kongming
20 - Lia
14 - Andy
18 - freaky Bum
9 - Rupert

Ace, balancing carefully on the roof of the car, fires into the bum twice…
Attack roll both hit, second roll is a critical. Damage saves from first, makes the roll, second attack damage save misses the save by 9 points. The bum takes a lethal hit and is stunned

Kongming maintains his balance also and fires into the body of the creature as it staggers back a step from Ace's hits…
Damage save makes it
…but it does not seem to hurt the bum in any way.

Lia growls and double slashes the bum, bloodlust in her eyes…
Attack rolls 8 +8 =16, hit and 15 +8, hit. Damage saves of the bum are, misses it by 9, takes a lethal hit and is stunned; and makes the second roll
…cutting him badly with her first slash.

The bum shakes his head quickly and roars in rage…
Spending a Villain point to become unstunned
…when he jumps straight back and tries to grab the side wall subway tunnel…
Balance check to see how well it can do this… total of a 6
…but it slams into the wall instead and disappears in a flash…
Fall damage, damage check for bum, misses it by 10 points

Rupert can leap to the wall… Balance check DC10 to cling to the wall without taking any damage (only become the subway car is moving pretty fast right now)

Actions for all?

Radiant

First Post
OOC: two big if questions, if Lia still has a hero point (I think she has one left) and if the bouncing extra allows to leap from a moving train. If so Lia will switch to her wolf form, spend the point on her leaping power to gain boncing and follow by jumping first on the wall and then catapulting herself after the freaky bum.[/color]

Remove ads