B.P.R.D. Issue #2 "the Hunger"

Andy sighs, looks like he's gonna have to do some dirty work after all. All part of the job. he complains mentally. "Well, what'sss the plan, sssSarg?" the teen says to Ace, doing an impression of their companion Rupert.

(OOC-gonna be out of town til tomorrow night, so Andy will follow Ace's lead until then)

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
NYC Subway, October 10th, 2004, 3:05pm

Rupert starts clawing along the side of the subway car, getting Ace's and the others attention, pointing forward and keeps going forward.

Ace [occ] Keia is out sick right now so I will NPC him orders the rest forward (Andy still gets the feeling of where one of the victims is forward, close and getting closer). They start moving forward, moving through the subway cars as they work they way through the cars.

Lia-Wolf studies the figure for a second… The man is dressed like bum, in dirty cloths that are almost rags. Slowly starts moving forward as the train starts to move, quietly as possible…
13 +5 =18 vs. 13. When within 20ft, roll 18
…making it to within 20ft of the creature, when suddenly she hears it sniffing and it turns its head at her!

The man has a thick beard and wears a heavy hat low on his head… but his mouth… his mouth is way to big… and full of really REALLY big teeth. Those teeth look like they belong in a shark not a man… when an eerie crackle is here from him "…pPPpprrrReeEttTyyyy dDDdoOggGiieE…fFFoOOoOddD…eEEeAaTt.." and the man's hands end in claws. Lia-Wolf that’s this all in with a fraction of a second…

Initiative
20 - Lia
18 - Man on the train

Lia-Wolf leaps at the man, fangs bearing…
Attack roll 16 +8 =23, hit. Damage save of man vs. 23 is 19, taking a wound
…biting deep into his arm.

Reacting faster then a drunken homeless person should ever have the right to move the man lashes out with one of his clawed hands…
Attack roll total 23, a hit. Lia's damage save (I can make it for you, let me know if you want to spend a HERO point to re-roll) 16+4 =20. Assuming you take that roll ;), Lia takes one lethal wound
…cutting her along her shoulder. The man quickly licks his fingers of her blood and smaking his lips says "mmmMM…tTTtaAssSttTiiEEeee…mMmmOOoRreeEE…"

---
Rupert is about half-way along the subway car, Listen check to hear what's up 14 +0 =14. He hears a howl and the crazy voice… the rest of the party is farther back in the subway car.

Lia actions?
Rupert are you going to move fast? At present it will take you two rounds to get there. Or one round if you move to the of the train and spirit

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Lia

OOC: sure, you roll way better than I ever would ;)

The wolf changes into her lithe human self but her fingers still end in long dirty claws and her mouth opens too wide, showing wolffangs.
"Sorry, I'm no prey. Care to dance or are you too scared to fight another monster."
Her own claws lash outat the thing, ready to pay it back in kind. For any onlooker it would be pretty hard to decide who of the two is the real demon.

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Rupert Cavendish (AKA. Little Mouth) [Unhurt, 3 Hero Points]

Karl Green said:
Rupert starts clawing along the side of the subway car, getting Ace's and the others attention, pointing forward and keeps going forward.

Rupert is about half-way along the subway car, Listen check to hear what's up 14 +0 =14. He hears a howl and the crazy voice… the rest of the party is farther back in the subway car.

Lia actions?
Rupert are you going to move fast? At present it will take you two rounds to get there. Or one round if you move to the of the train and spirit

SPRINT
Run/crawling along the side of the train until reaching the end Rupert swings around the back of the car and peers up from behind, still trying to remain hidden and getting ready to "taste test" the situation if needed. Rupert spots then ready his tongue attack when he has initiative to act, still hiding/blending it should be fairly easy since Lia's got way more of his attention! ;)

Karl Green

First Post

Round 1
20 - Lia
18 - freaky[/b] Bum
9 - Rupert

Morphing into her semi-human form, Lia lashes out at the creature with her claws…
Attack roll 7 +8 =15, a miss! (You can spend a Hero Point to re-roll; and I will edit
…but it is to fast and her talons miss.

The crazy bum giggles "eeEEaAattTt-SsaaAaa, eEeeAaatTtt-SSssaa, EeeaatTtts yYYoou, aaAlllL uppP…" and he lashes out with both claws!
Rapid Strike, 1st attack 10 a miss, 2nd attack 25 a hit. Lia's Damage Save is 12 +4 =16, causing Lia to take another Lethal hit AND to be Stunned
…The first claw passes over her head, but the second slashing a angry cut along Lia's stomach, causing her to fall back a couple of steps as the creature giggles and advances
If you wanted to spend a Hero point to re-roll the damage save you can but it is unlikely I could get back then a 12, where you can spend a Hero point next round to become un-stunned and react normally

Rupert races down the side of the subway, causing more then a few screams to come from inside the subway car as people see him racing along…
Next round, you can come up but you would be a bit away. With your long tongue you can do something but you only have a half-action

Actions and Hero points?

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Rupert Cavendish

Karl Green said:
Round 1
20 - Lia
18 - freaky[/b] Bum
9 - Rupert

Rupert races down the side of the subway, causing more then a few screams to come from inside the subway car as people see him racing along…
Next round, you can come up but you would be a bit away. With your long tongue you can do something but you only have a half-action

Actions and Hero points?

[OOC: Oh... I got the impression that the bum and Lia were very near the END of the train... if not Rupert would have stopped along the side just within range of his tongue lash - if the end of the train behind them still works he'll still go down there...]

Rupert glances up to get position on the man Lia is doing battle with... he lashes out with his Prickly Tongue... it extends 10' aiming for the legs of the man, Rupert thinks about tripping him but decides that it would be more prudent to grapple him before making a tactical mistake with a team he wasn't yet familiar with...
Whipping out his tongue extends....... reaching around the bum....

Ranged Grapple Atk: +6
If it hits the opponent makes:
1. Grapple check vs. Ruperts Strength +5 (if failed he'll spend a HP to roll again, this needs to succeed)
2. If that holds Rupert also has Improved Pin (-4 to escape)
3. If that holds make a Fatigue/Fortitude check against +6 (DC 16)
4. then Continuous Disintigration/Disruption [L] +2 (DC17)
5. then Drain-Con +1 (DC11)
6. If the grapple starts Rupert can start suffocating him next round with Chokehold...

wow..... that's more than I thought.... fun!

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" Hps 5/5

[OOC: back in action . . . sort of. Sorry for the delay]

Michael moved calmly through the subway car, eyeing the roof for any indication of where Lia and the foe were. If he was unable to determine it that way, he would check the locator beacon to see where Lia was.

OOC: Michael's goal is to determine if there's trouble on the cars themselves, then go one car beyond where Lia was (to get behind her attacker, if there was one). Climb up and pop a top hatch if there is one or climb up between the cars otherwise.

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Lia just takes the hit and tumbles backwards, she knows it will heal.
Come on, dance with me. I'm not alone and you'll be in for a world of hurt soon enough.

OOC: not spending hero points this time. But will next turn if any damage safes are below natural 10

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post

Round 2
26 - Ace
25 - Kongming
20 - Lia
14 - Andy
18 - freaky[/b] Bum
9 - Rupert

Ace moves the group through the cars, there are a few people who are pointing out the windows saying they saw something running along the outside of the subway cars... a frog-man!

Lia comes out of being stunned...

Freak man grows "TtaAssSTtyy... and slashes with both claws again...
Attack roll 14 and 12, both misses :(
...but in his excitement he missed both times!

Rupert stick his head up and tries to 'tongue' the stinking bum...
attack roll 2 +7 +2 (advantage angle) =11 a miss. You mentioned that you would spend a Hero Point to re-roll, so... 11 +9 =20 a hit. Grapple Check Str (Rupert) is 12 +7 (grapple check is your BAB +Str) =19 vs. a 10, Villain point to re-roll getting a 20. He escapes...
...but the creature is too strong and fast, and it escapes his grasp. He turns and hisses at him but then concentrates on Lia again...

(Assuming that you continue as last round...

Round 3
26 - Ace
25 - Kongming
20 - Lia
14 - Andy
18 - freaky[/b] Bum
9 - Rupert

Ace and the group in the subway are almost to the front car, and except for the few people still pointing out the windows there are no problems within the car. Kongming and Andy both get the feeling that something bad is here but now that they are close, Andy points to the roof of the subway "Up there..."

Lia slashes at the creature again...
Attack roll 15 +8 =23. Damage roll of the creature vs. 23 is a 25
...but it seems to be unaffected by her talons.
Lia regenerates one Lethal wound this round is down to 1

The crazy man says 'heHHeehhee ffFuuUnNyyY gGgiiIRRrYYy..." and attacks again...
Attack roll total is 9 and 24, one hit. Damage roll for Lia is 4 +3, said you would spend a hero point if less then 10, so 11 +3 =14, misses it, by enough to take another lethal and will be Stunned for a round
...again slicing deep into Lia's stomach, causing to real back in pain.

Rupert lashes out with his tongue again (creature knows you around now, no advantage)...
Attack roll 7 +7 =14 a miss. I will wait to see if you want to spend another Hero Point

For Round 4, Ace, Kongming and Andy can make Listen checks to figure out where the people on the roof are. Otherwise if you want to try and get to the roof, tell me how. Up on the Roof, if Lia wants to spend a Hero point to become un-stunned or if Rupert wants to spend a Hero point to hit this bum let me know. ALSO post your actions for Round 4 if you are doing anything different...

Sorry again it took me so long to post this... been REALLY sick. I am feeling alitte better today, not much better but at least now I think I am alive

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Lia nearly falls as her stomach is sliced open again and stumbles a step back. She throws her head back and howls in pain, her throat making a sound that no human should even be able to produce. Still, she allready sees the tongue, her prey is surounded and all her instincts tell her that the pack will bring it down even if she has to take cuts for it.

OOC: going on just like before, just hoping it will miss a few more time. At least I increased her B/D since last episode. Allready sure there the next xp will go too...

Last edited:

Remove ads