B.P.R.D. Issue #2 "the Hunger"

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Rupert watches the train go by

the NARRATOR said:
As it pass it by, Andy is sure that one of the signals is on that Subway car!

Rudolf spot roll 16 +0, Lia spot roll 9 +5 =14
But nothing out of the ordinary could be seen on the car while it flew by. Lia might be able to keep up with it before it gets away, but none of the other characters could hope to keep up with it…

[OOC: Just wondering, did we all get radios or cellphones or anything on us to communicate with one another here - AND with the guys back at headquarters? or with the police detective on scene?
after that I'll follow-up with him calling anyone if we DO have them...]

With the Subway car speeding by Rupert does his best to see if he can spot the Subway Car number to somehow identify where it's going or which train it is...

Karl Green

First Post
NYC Subway, October 10th, 2004, 2:55pm

[OCC] You got cellphones that can act as Radios. They are working down here somewhat between each other, but you can't communicate with Headquarters, via either. [/OCC]

Rupert tries to get a good luck at the subway car's number...
Roll of 18 +0=18
...he catches it just before the front of the car disappears. It is 3A32

As the car goes by the the others, Kongming gets a strange flash... anger, joy, hate and...and hunger. A hunger like he has never felt before. He almost falls to his knees but Ace is able to catch him before he does.

Last edited:

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Rudolf wonders what to do...

the NARRATOR said:
Rupert tries to get a good luck at the subway car's number...
...he catches it just before the front of the car disappears. It is 3A32

"whoahh....... HOLY CRAP!!!"
holding himself from the wind released by the rush of the train in the tunnel - quickly grabbing out his cell, Rupert flips it onto radio to chatter at the rest of the group...

"3A32.... I thsay again... 3-ALPHA-3-2..."
Sssarge?!! didja get that?? That's the number of the train that just flew by... did you fellasthsss have any idea that thing was ssssthupposed to be comin'???
CRAP - you gotta tell usss when that kinda thing happenthsss, I nearly crapped my pantssss!!!"

Rudolf takes a breath as the noise dies a little...
"... now what ssSarge? keep goin'??... "

Rudolf sorta shrugs in Lia's direction, as if asking what to do...

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Karl Green said:
With Rudolf and Lia out somewhat in front, the group starts making its way down the subway tunnel. It is very cool down here, ice forming on some of the pipes that Rudolf crawls by.

After about 30 minutes, Andy calls up to Rudolf and says that one of the 'leads' seems to be moving this way, that everyone should take cover. Within a few minutes a subway car can be heard coming this way… it buzzes by very quickly. As it pass it by, Andy is sure that one of the signals is on that Subway car!

Rudolf spot roll 16 +0, Lia spot roll 9 +5 =14
But nothing out of the ordinary could be seen on the car while it flew by. Lia might be able to keep up with it before it gets away, but none of the other characters could hope to keep up with it…

If she is informed about the singal fast enough Lia will run after the car as fast as possible and try to leap either through the nearest window (not miding how much that may hurt) or onto the roof.

Karl Green

First Post
[occ] if you want to make an Initiative roll and then a Leap skill skill roll (super: leaping will help)... if you make good enough on each test you can jump onto the roof of the last car [/occ]

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Karl Green said:
[occ] if you want to make an Initiative roll and then a Leap skill skill roll (super: leaping will help)... if you make good enough on each test you can jump onto the roof of the last car [/occ]

OOC: I'd really appreciate it if you could make the rolls since my home pc is trashed and I don't have dice with me then posting at the moment.

edit: plus hero points on both rolls if they are below a natural 10...

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
NYC Subway, October 10th, 2004, 2:55pm

Lia, in full wolf form, bolts for the back of the subway at high speed...
Initiative roll 7, re-rolling with hero point natural 20! As I got a natural 20, making it easier for her second roll, which I get a 12+7=19 good enough
...the wolf moves almost to fast to see and leaps on the back of the last subway car. Her claws digging into the roof, the subway stretches before her...
Spot roll 11 +5 =16, Listen 6+5 =11, Scent check natural 20! man two of them?
...and as the subway straights out, Lia sees through the darkness that there is someone standing at the very first car. Whomever it is, they are about 100ft in front of her right now...just standing on the top of the lead subway car. The smells down here are hard to shift through at times but then see get a good whiff of something... it smells like decay or death... human waste and decay... from whomever that is up there...she could follow this 'persons' trail just about anywhere if she ran into it again.

...the train is starting to slow down as it comes towards another stop...(maybe 800 to a 1000 ft from where the rest of the party is)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" Hps 5/5

Michael growled himself as Lia launched herself into the subway car. He wondered briefly if Lia in her wolfen form still had the radio on her . . . he doubted it.

Rudolph said:
"3A32.... I thsay again... 3-ALPHA-3-2 . . . Sssarge?!! didja get that?? That's the number of the train that just flew by... did you fellasthsss have any idea that thing was ssssthupposed to be comin'??? CRAP - you gotta tell usss when that kinda thing happenthsss, I nearly crapped my pantssss!!!" Rudolf takes a breath as the noise dies a little... ... now what ssSarge? keep goin'??... "

Michael clicked his radio, and made a hand motion to the others to follow that car. He started heading the that direction as well. As he ran, he flipped his cell (or his radio) to the detectives number.

"Daklin, this is Sgt Camden of BPRD," Michael called, "Contact whoever you need and have them shut down subway car 3-Alpha-3-2, which just passed on this track. Shut it down or divert and hold, asap!"

Michael then responded to Rudolph. "Rudy, we're following that car. Catch up to us," Ace responded.

Last edited:

Kevin Perrine

First Post
SARG said:
Michael then responded to Rudolph. "Rudy, we're following that car. Catch up to us," Ace responded.

[OOC: Karl, is it too late to spend a Hero Point for either SuperSpeed or Stretching to add to my TONGUE power to shot it out and latch onto the back end of the last car - basically getting pulled with the car that I can then get onto the car somehow?... that might be stretching it... heheh... if you can think of other options for me, I'm willing to spend a HP to catch up - even if it bangs Rudolf up hitting the track hard or something]

Karl Green

First Post
[occ] Yea, as the subway car was going by... you had a post... that would have been the time to do it. Lie has super-running and jumping in her wolf form so she could catch up... [/occ]

Last edited:

Remove ads