• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

B.P.R.D. Issue #2 "the Hunger"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Kongming withdraws his hand from the box as if it were hot. He turns to the detective. "Where's the nearest subway entrance to here? I... something's there." He snickers. "You'll like it, Rudolph, I saw water there." Then, "Andy, can you sense anything 'off' in the general vibes of this place?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" Hps 5/5

Rudolf said:
"Well Michaelth, I like to thhhhink of mythelf a jack-of-all tradeth . . . And yes . . . my tongue . . . . beyond it'th obvious theductive qualities, my tongue ith hyper extended for a short range surprithe... with qualities not unlike the Alienth in those movies..... hehehe.... that and tho much more.... But for you Lia I'd temper it... heheheh..."

Michael was all business with Rudolph, knowing Lia’s temper. “So let’s get this straight, Rudy. Swimmer, water environments, vision in darkness, strong, ranged appendage with acid – got it.”

“Remember, Rudy, you’re the new guy. The rest of us have been chin-deep in it and pulled each other’s bacon out of the fire. We’re putting our lives in your hands . . . along with that sort of trust comes a certain amount of nervousness – understandable, considering,”
Michael finished.

Rudolph said:
"... oh and Michael.... I'll never forgive you....." Rudolf said at first menacingly... "... I mith my 'mocha-chino-latte-whipped-cream-chai-coffee-grandes' tho very much ... What on thith green Earth do you have againthst the stheet nectar provided uth by Starbuckths...."

“Hyper-active adrenal system due to caffiene overload followed by a sudden fatigue and loss of awareness as the chemicals leave your system. Who wouldn’t want to deal with that in one of our missions?” Michael asked rhetorically. He smiled at Rudolph though, feeling that Rudy was only half-kidding about the coffee. “We save these people and correct the current situation with Manhattan and I’ll get you a Starbuck’s card.”

"Andy, Kongming, you guys got everyone you need from here before we set out?" Michael asked.

Radiant

First Post
Lia

The wolf stares at the tongue, half amused, half impresed.
"Keep it in chek? See that you do. I've seen a lot of things in my life but frogs messing with wolves never seemed healthy."
She gives him a smile that shows far too many, far too sharp teeth. Somehow people should even be able to open their mouth that wide.
It closes shut a second later then Rudolph mentions Hellboy and she turns away to find something else to do. Anything else... .

Kongming withdraws his hand from the box as if it were hot. He turns to the detective. "Where's the nearest subway entrance to here? I... something's there." He snickers. "You'll like it, Rudolph, I saw water there." Then, "Andy, can you sense anything 'off' in the general vibes of this place?"

"Why is it that these occultists allways delude themselves in being the masters of the world and yet hide in holes all the time? Not that it will help them."
While she waits to head of her yellow eyes wander around behind her shades.
She's quite sure Ace has got them covered but instincts die hard.

Velmont

First Post
Paul will try to have the pieces of the victim be brought at the BPRD headquater. He will prefer to make the ritual at the base, where he has a better control on the environment...

OOC: Does the BPRD have any control over the police, or is there anyone in the organisation who have enough pozer over them to have these evidence being brought to the base quickly?

Karl Green

First Post
[occ] The BPRD is kind of like the FBI and the NSA... they have limited control, depending on the situation.

NOTE I was thinking Paul can make two rolls... first he was doing Reseach before any of the items show up. He can make a KNOW (History) and (Occultism) roll for me if you want for looking into the things. Then you can also make a Ritual roll (I am assuming you are doing a Locate also, just on a different body part
;) [/occ]

Back in the Underground NYC parking lot

Assuming they need nothing else from the site..

The two detectives lead you up out of the parking garage and across the snow filled street. Down the block and around one corner you come to a subway entrance that leads deep underground. They take the agents down and wave you through the pay gate. The group is now on a subway platform. There are a few New Yorkers here, braving the weather on their way to or from work. A few might glance at the group, but most don't pay you much attention.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" Hps 5/5

Ace allowed Kongming to lead the way, staying toward the back of the group. He was keeping a watchful eye on the surroundings.

If the police detectives come along, he will tell them, "You may want to wait here at the station for a few minutes. We can take a look around and call you on your radio if we find anything."

If they insist on coming along, Ace will ask, "If you're coming along, please stay to the back . . . things are rarely routine on something like this."

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Little Mouth aka. Rudolf Cavendish

KONGMING said:
"You'll like it, Rudolph, I saw water there."

NYC SUBWAY
THE UNDERGROUND

"Hey, Kong... I.... I like'it here."
Rudoph smiles a sickening toothy grin (to anyone but another man-frog), and puts two fingers up to his green see-through plexy card hat, tilting his capin a slight joking confirmation as he stretches his arms out a big like he's getting a touch more comfy the farther they decend into the mushy earth of Manhattan Island.

LIA said:
The wolf stares at the tongue, half amused, half impresed.
"Keep it in chek? See that you do. I've seen a lot of things in my life but frogs messing with wolves never seemed healthy."
She gives him a smile that shows far too many, far too sharp teeth. Somehow people should even be able to open their mouth that wide.
It closes shut a second later then Rudolph mentions Hellboy and she turns away to find something else to do. Anything else...

Rudolf takes a second look at Lia... wondering about the relationship with Big Red... but not to push it enough to ask. Maybe later, when she knew him better. Maybe over a nice game of Texas Hold'em sometime Rudolf thought.

LIA said:
"Why is it that these occultists allways delude themselves in being the masters of the world and yet hide in holes all the time? Not that it will help them."

"...yer kidding right.... hothhess are thome of the bethtesth plathes to find things... the things that others forget. One mansss trasth isss another manssss life affirming key to rule the world...
leathst thatsssss what I've heard..."

Rudy recalls unhappily his time with his brothers under the sway of one of those masters - a Russian sage called Rasputan.

ACE said:
Ace allowed Kongming to lead the way, staying toward the back of the group. He was keeping a watchful eye on the surroundings.
theDETECTIVES said:
The two detectives nod, Daklin saying
"You're the experts"
and hold back in the station.

"Hey Sarg..."
Rudolf says to Ace as he starts with a little hop as he begins shucking off his thick-wet trenchcoat, unwrapping the scrarf swung around his chin to avoid creeping out passers-by.
"s'okay that I call ya sssarg, right?...."
He continues as he rebuttons his rumpled brown tweed waistecoat and quit jacket.
"are you thinking we should go down into the tunnelsssss?
I could probably get a good look down from a different vantage point, with my see-in-the-dark peepers from up there..."

Rudolf points to the rounded wall and ceiling of the subway tunnels making a little spider-crawling motion with his other hand.

"you make the call sssarg..."

[RULES: Rudolf has some skills that might be helpful if we're going exploring in the tunnel (but I'm not sure that I understood if that's the plan) things like: Clinging, Darkvision, Blending and an okay damage save might help the group from being jumped if we're all walking down the pass...
Rudolf's not dumb, he's seen enough scarey movies and read enough case files to know that this is ripe place for some big bad to whomp on them. heheh]

PS - OOC: I finally found the color to represent Rudy... Good nickname BTW!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads