Babylon 5 in Eberron (contains a few Babylon 5 spoilors)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Umbran said:
I'm not an Eberron fan, myself. Nothing against it, but I'm not really familiar with the details (like what races are allowed, and all).

How does it go? "If it's in D&D, it's in Eberron"?

-Hyp.

Andor

First Post
For another angle I would cast the Inspired in the role of the Shadows and some other faction as the Vorlons. I'm not sure who make a good counter to the Reirdrens, except perhaps the elves of Aerenal. They might make a nice creepy Vorlon stand-in.

*Wheezy musical voice* "You must go to the Desert of the Mind to retrive the tears of the unborn god."

'Why do you sound like that, Mr. Creepy undead elf-Sir?'

*Wheezy musical voice* "My nephew soverign glued a set of bag-pipes into my ribcage as a practical joke"

QuaziquestGM

First Post
if you wnat the dnd feel, use the dnd classes.

If you wnat the B5 feel, use the b5 classes. (change class skills)

if you wnat a hybrid feel, use both, but use the b5 leveling rules. 0-2 hp gained per level.
A single crossbow bolt CAN kill you.

It may me nice having telepaths, psions, and wizards in the same game.

igavskoga

First Post
Umbran said:
I'm not an Eberron fan, myself. Nothing against it, but I'm not really familiar with the details (like what races are allowed, and all).

But this whole thing has put the image in my head of two groups of kobolds, facing off against each other:

"Purple!"
"Green!"
*whackwhackwhackwhack!*

Rules of combat older than contact with other races. Changes caught up in committee... not go through yet.

Have to say I've never been keen on Eberron myself, but this is one of the very few Eberron campaigns I'd actually play in - great idea! Hope it works out well! As an aside, I'd agree with the suggestion to go with Dragons instead of Angels/Devils -- feels like a better fit IMO, YMMV. :D

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Umbran said:
But this whole thing has put the image in my head of two groups of kobolds, facing off against each other:

"Purple!"
"Green!"
*whackwhackwhackwhack!*

I nearly snorted my hot chocolate all over the screen reading this. I had a similar vision, but with orcs.

More to the point, this is a cool idea. I had something similar running around in my head for the longest time, adapting each race to the different B5 races and some such. I'd have to dig around and see if I could find it. It was before Eberron though, so no changelings or warforged or whatnot. From memory it went something like this:

Human= Duh! Humans
Elves= Minbari- cliche, I know.
Gnomes= Centauri
Dwarves= Narn
Orcs= Drazi
Thri-keen= Gaim
Goblins= Brakiri
Kobolds= Balosians
Aarakocra= Orieni

There was more obviously, but I hope it helps.

Dark Psion

First Post
One way to do the location of the "station" would be to use the Mournlands.

Once this was an out of the way small city, but then the Day of Mourning happened.

First, the overland and river trade routes shifted, then the Lightning Rail came through town, then a Skyship Port was built using the nearby cliffs.

As it became a crossroads of Eberron, it became "the" place for neutral diplomatic meetings could take place.

Suddenly, this small town had become a large city with all the Dragonmarked houses opening guild houses, other nations opening embassies and the hidden powers of Eberron took notice of it.

Especially the Dragons, as the Prophecy said "This place is important!". And their gaze will draw the attention of the Lords of Dusk, the Inspired, and others.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Andor said:
For another angle I would cast the Inspired in the role of the Shadows and some other faction as the Vorlons.

The Kalashtar?

And if you are think that they are "too nice", consider this:

Their ultimate goal is to kill all Creatures of Dream.

Remove ads