Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Dr Simon

Explorer
Episode Three: The Omega Agenda

41037d1249648762-babylon-5-outrageous-fortune-ranasha-station.jpg

March 22nd 2267, Renashaa Station, Abbai Homeworld.

The light in the conference chamber is warm and comforting, the walls clean and pearlescent, made of the ubiquitous Abbai “shell” material.

The five of you are gathered around the conference table, with three others present in image only on three viewscreens. The pictures are low quality due to the immense amount of encryption using up processing power. Centre image is a dark-skinned human woman in a formal bubu, the African styling that was fashionable amongst all humans about ten years ago. Valerie Maupassant, your liaison with the ISA

“Welcome,” she says. “May I introduce Dr. Sushar.” The image on the left, an Abbai with the pale colouration that speaks of great age in her species, gives you a polite nod. “Dr. Sushar,” she pronounces the name with emphasis on the second syllable, “ is Abba’s foremost expert on First One technology.” The doctor makes self-deprecating gestures. “And some of you already know Raive Timogen, our expert on Tribon culture.” The wolfish-looking man in the right-hand image gives a smirk. Almost half of his face and head are obscured by cybertech of unknown origin or purpose.

“Ha!” he says, “Ain’t no culture on that hole.”

Maupassant is unfazed.

“Dr. Sushar has been studying the artefact that you bought back from Tribon,” she says. “Doctor, if you please.”

“Of course,” says Sushar. “Although the artefact was quite damaged and definitely non-functional, I have been able to ascertain that the control system is undoubtedly of Shadow origin. The external casing, however, what we have come to term the carapace, is of lower technology indicative of a younger race, although as yet I have been unable to determine which. We can rule out most of the major space-faring nations, I think, based on known manufacturing methods – nothing quite fits. However, we cannot completely rule out any origin.”

“So you can see,” says Maupassant, addressing the conference room, “this is a worrying development. Some previously unknown or minor race with access to Shadow technology. We need you to return to Tribon and learn more. There is a chance that the Drakh may be involved, or that you will uncover some form of Shadowtech that may assist us with the Drakh plague. However, your mission is to observe and report; no engagements. Mr Timogen can provide you with contacts."

“Seems they don’t want me to leave my nice new quarters,” says Raive, “but I can put you guys and gals in touch with an old friend of mine, Man by the name of Vector. Check in with Traven at the Black Nebula again, he can set up the meeting. Vector used to point me in the direction of juicy bits of tech – anything oddball going on he’ll know.”

“There is the slight problem that your last visit to Tribon elicited a lot of interest on your departure,” adds Maupassant. “It may be unwise to take the Fortune back there.”

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Well," Ashley says, "come to that, it hasn't been that long since we were all there. We might arrive in a different ship, but I don't think we're going to be able to fool them for long about who we are. Unless you're planning to disguise us all or something."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Look, Val," says Raive, "No-one knows they were with you lot. What did they do? Get into a turf war with Tryce, blast off without playing their docking fees and smash their way through Zakind's blockade." He shrugs. "Sounds like perfectly normal behaviour for Lison. I say let them go in straight; at the very worst they'll have picked up a rep as people not to be messed with. I am on board as the expert on the Lison system, right? 'Sides, it's only Logan and the bonehead who were there last time."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"You might be one pal, but I don't know you," says Raive with a smirk. "I meant the Minbari."

"The ISA does not condone such epithets," says Maupassant primly.

"Yes ma'am," says Raive. He leans back in his chair wearing the grin of a naughty child.

"We can arrange alternative transport for you," says Maupassant, ignoring him, "but if Mr. Timogen seems to think you would be safe taking the Fortune, I'll leave that up to you. Any further questions?"

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Sarhat, standing silent in the background can be seen slightly smiling if someone happens to glance at just the right moment. He started to like this human. He had the courage to call him bonehead to his face. I have heard other races say we all look alike. No one will probably recognise me.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: With Blackrat and Vertexx currently out of action for personal resaons, I'm putting the game on temporary hold. We will return!

Remove ads