Pathfinder 2E Backgrounds coming to PF2

Parmandur

Book-Friend
This. Skill proficiency is about the only thing that I use to consider what background to take in 5E; flavor is not a consideration for me. I can't believe it needs to be said in the first place, but I'll second "If any element of the game grants any mechanical bonus, it will be used power game.".
If flavor isn't a consideration, you can simply choose the two skills that you desire, two tools/languages, get some starting equipment and work out a feature with your DM. This doesn't need "power gaming" to any degree.

houser2112

Explorer
If flavor isn't a consideration, you can simply choose the two skills that you desire, two tools/languages, get some starting equipment and work out a feature with your DM. This doesn't need "power gaming" to any degree.

I'm a "Rules, not Rulings" guy. I prefer to use the system to achieve what I want, rather than play "Mother May I?" with the DM.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm a "Rules, not Rulings" guy. I prefer to use the system to achieve what I want, rather than play "Mother May I?" with the DM.
Well, the rules state that directly. You could just choose one of the powers for one of the Backgrounds in the book, pick whichever two skills you want and tolls languages, and it is RAW. There really isn't anything to "power" here, all options are basically equivalent.

Remove ads