Bacon of Hope

CovertOps

First Post
The Cleric power Beacon of Hope states that you get +5 to your healing powers for the duration of the encounter, but it doesn't quite say Keyword: healing, in the description. So I was wondering how this works exactly? Would it work with a power such as, Astral Seal? Or does there have to be an actual die roll involved in the healing?

No book or Compendium access at work, but check the power. IIRC Beacon of Hope states that you get +5 to your class healing powers. If so this rules out the multi-class feats and powers. I know 99% certain that the Cleric class feature is worded this way (Healer's Lore? - +WIS mod to all class healing powers).

On Puget Sound

First Post
no, it just says "your healing powers". Not cleric healing, or even divine healing. My wife's cleric has it with Bard multiclassing and uses it on her bard heal too. The Healer's Lore class feature, though, only works on cleric powers. And yes, this means Consecrated Ground restores CHA + 1 (base power) +WIS (healer's lore) +5 (if beacon of hope is active) to any bloodied ally in it.

Turtlejay

First Post
This thread was near a thread about cheese (Defensive Healing Word?) and I was wondering if I missed some sort of delicious theme or something. I mean, I approve if there is such a theme...

Jay

DracoSuave

First Post
This one is finally a bit tricky. Does +5 healing mean 5 extra healing total, or per target? Unlike most other bonuses to healing (which might refer to bonuses to healing rolls, or bonus healing to targets of your healing powers), Beacon of Hope says the power itself heals 5 extra damage. Thus, I could see the interpretation that you can only apply that bonus once, though you could choose which of the two targets gets the extra healing.

I'd probably go with a more liberal ruling that each target gets the benefit, but I can see either reading of the power.

Beacon of Hope.

It's a bonus to healing done, it even uses the +n notation. And bonuses apply to each and every instance that they could apply.

So in the case of Spirit's Shield, they'd apply to both the target and the ally, just as a Bear Shaman's bonus healing might apply to both.

There. The question is answered.

Now, this thread is back about bacon.

bacon_it_makes_the_pain_go_away_tshirt-d235491329489629180o1o7_500.jpg

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm from Canada. Canadian Bacon is ham, not bacon. But maple bacon, bacon made with maple syrup right in the mix, is tops.

I want to go out for breakfast now. At 1:30 am. And I could because my city has a 24-hr restaurant that isn't McDonald's. Just the one, though. They also deliver, but only until 4 am. :)

Remove ads