Spoilers Bad Batch: Final Season *SPOILERS*

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
Personally I’d be more inclined to label it the Lucas interpretation. I think Hayden doesn’t deserve all the crap he gets, as his recent appearances in Obi-Wan and Ahsoka prove.
For sure Lucas didn't give Christensen much to work with, but he's not a very good actor, IMHO. The other appearances of his I've watched throughout the years outside SW haven't changed my opinion.

And the less I talk about that horrifyingly bad Obi-Wan show (I haven't watched Ahsoka because of that), the better. Let's just say that my opinion of Christensen's performance hasn't improved by watching these new takes on Anakin's character.

Zardnaar

Legend
Personally I’d be more inclined to label it the Lucas interpretation. I think Hayden doesn’t deserve all the crap he gets, as his recent appearances in Obi-Wan and Ahsoka prove.

I blame George for the prequels.

Cartoons redeemed Anakin, recent appearances redeemed Hayden.

His world building and story was on point though and half of I and II. I like pt III ended well imho.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
I blame George for the prequel.
My argument re: the prequels has always been that George had no editors, producers, or studio executives with enough clout to get him to change things. They are his director’s cuts already, if you will.

You could argue this was already beginning to happen with Return of the Jedi, whereas ESB is widely regarded as the best in no small part because someone other than George directed it.

It’s like when authors get famous … their books get longer and longer because the editors and publishers lose the ability to force the authors to cut parts out.

His world building and story was on point though and half of I and II. I like pt III ended well imho.
The novelisation of III is really good and IMO does a better job of making sense of Anakin’s fall.

For instance, in the book, he learns that the restricted section of the Jedi Temple library might have the answers he seeks re: saving Padme, but in order to access it, he has to be a Jedi Master.

That is why he gets upset when the council refuses to grant him that status, not because he’s still a whiny, immature child as portrayed in the film.

And that is why he ultimately succumbs to Palpatine’s machinations – because the Sith Lord has masterfully manipulated Anakin into believing that only he can provide the answers. “Is it possible to learn this power?” “Not from a Jedi.”

After all, it is Palpatine who tells Anakin about the restricted section, and Palpatine who forces the council to accept Anakin as his representative (knowing it won’t sit well with them).

Zardnaar

Legend
My argument re: the prequels has always been that George had no editors, producers, or studio executives with enough clout to get him to change things. They are his director’s cuts already, if you will.

You could argue this was already beginning to happen with Return of the Jedi, whereas ESB is widely regarded as the best in no small part because someone other than George directed it.

It’s like when authors get famous … their books get longer and longer because the editors and publishers lose the ability to force the authors to cut parts out.

The novelisation of III is really good and IMO does a better job of making sense of Anakin’s fall.

For instance, in the book, he learns that the restricted section of the Jedi Temple library might have the answers he seeks re: saving Padme, but in order to access it, he has to be a Jedi Master.

That is why he gets upset when the council refuses to grant him that status, not because he’s still a whiny, immature child as portrayed in the film.

And that is why he ultimately succumbs to Palpatine’s machinations – because the Sith Lord has masterfully manipulated Anakin into believing that only he can provide the answers. “Is it possible to learn this power?” “Not from a Jedi.”

After all, it is Palpatine who tells Anakin about the restricted section, and Palpatine who forces the council to accept Anakin as his representative (knowing it won’t sit well with them).

Yeah I've heard that. Still like RotS though it's not s top tier SW movie though.

It’s possible, but then she actually looks like a female Fett clone, unlike Omega.
Some detail is lost in animation, but wouldn’t a character notice if an aledged clone of themselves looked nothing like them? Emerie and Omega must resemble what they see in the mirror enough for them not to question the clone story.

pukunui

Legend
Some detail is lost in animation, but wouldn’t a character notice if an aledged clone of themselves looked nothing like them? Emerie and Omega must resemble what they see in the mirror enough for them not to question the clone story.
I mean, yeah, but I can't see inside the writers' heads, so ...

Remove ads