• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Baldur's Gate 3 will now be releasing August 3rd on PC and September 6th on PS5, increased level cap, race & class details and more

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Larien released some stats:

(Gale, the most boring character via Intro stuff is the most popular... what a world...)
(Also, i spent at least 3 hours in character creation...)

bg3.jpg

Soooo, Act 3, it is definitely not as polished as Act 1/2.

Specifically the quests. In Act 1, virtually every quest stages correctly in the journal, and the journal will give you some idea of where you are with it, and where to go next, either by describing what's happening, or having a map marker, or both. Act 2 is mostly the same, but there are a handful of questlines (particularly Halsin's main one) that simply do not work well, and have a lot of issues.

Act 3 that suddenly becomes the norm, and it's very problematic, particularly as Act 3 allows you to sequence-break more than other acts, in the design of the maps basically encourages sequence-breaking. Quite a few times I've had a character say we need to do something, and it's obviously a quest goal, but it's not in the journal at all, just hope you remembered what they said.

It's not anywhere near act 3/4 of DOS2 bad. Everything works, generally speaking, and the city doesn't seem in any way unfinished or incomplete. But it's getting to the point where it's actually frustrating, given the dozens of quests you're potentially tracking, that many of them aren't tracking particularly well. One major quest, where multiple characters in multiple scenes decided to do a specific thing, just isn't tracked in the quest log at all. I'm sure something will trigger eventually, but it's pretty annoying.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads