• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baltimore, MD area D&D 3.5 game

savage3e

First Post
Hi all-

What the subject doesn't tell you is that we're looking for a couple of players to join an established campaign, currently run on Sundays, though we're looking to switch things to Saturdays for added convenience. Sessions typically run from 1pm to 8pm, though they have been known to start a little early or run a little late as the situation warrants (hence the proposed move to Saturdays). The group currently consists of five (four players and myself) thirtysomething professionals; four men and a woman. We play at my house, which is located in Severn, Maryland, just three miles south of the BWI airport. We're a social group that tries not to take ourselves too seriously, playing the game as recreation with a healthy mix of "role-playing" and "roll-playing". I strive for a cinematic feel to the campaign (akin to Alderac's original 7th Sea), leaning more towards heroic fantasy than gritty realism. The campaign takes place in a modified Forgotten Realms setting, based in Waterdeep but encompassing much of The North and Sword Coast.

The reason we're adding new players is because two current members are leaving on extended business travel, likely through the end of the year. One of those traveling returns to get married a few weeks later and will likely officially bow out of the game after that. Thus, we have a few vacant seats. My wife would love to add a "gaming-couple" to our group, though that's certainly not a requirement.

A few more bits. We're a nonsmoking house, and we ask that you respect that. We have two cats, though they don't have access to our living space. We also have a talking parrot with a fondness for calling my name whenever I'm not within sight. Finally, we have an official mascot in my 2 and a half year-old daughter. She has her own minis and dice, though she will occasionally ask to roll yours.

Lastly, if you're looking for an irregular game, we also run and host one-offs, typically one every four to six weeks or thereabouts. This is a chance for any GMs in the group (or area) to run a single-shot game using whichever system you like. Recently we've had 7th Sea, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, d20 Modern and a few others run. I've plans to run In Nomine, Call of Cthulhu, and Chill in the coming months as well. So if you're looking to run something and need players, or want to sit in on one of our odd games, you're welcome to that as well.

Feel free to contact me privately or publicly with any questions.

Thanks for reading this far...

-Brad

Last edited:

savage3e

First Post
Oops. I did forget to mention that, didn't I? The game runs every-other weekend. Our next session is scheduled for Saturday August 30th, and will likely run on Saturdays (provided everyone's schedule agrees) at least through the end of the year.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
Alas, as much as I'd like to play more often than I am now, I've realized I just don't have enough time to commit to a new campaign, and I'm not really one for one-offs.

It sounds like fun, though.

Remove ads