• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Barbie v. Oppenheimer: YOU DECIDE

Which Movie Will You See In Theaters?

• 1. Barbie. I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie World.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • 2. Oppenheimer. Now I am become Nolan, the destroyer of box office.

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • 3. Barbieheimer. Why not both?

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • 4. Neither. I only watch Top Gun: Maverick in theaters. Blessed be the Cruise.

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Poll closed .

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
My friends and I will almost certainly do the Barbieheimer two-movies-in-one-day sitting. The real question is the watch order...

My 17 year old son, who almost never goes to films, wants to see Barbie and Oppenheimer back to back this weekend because apparently it's what the kids are doing.

I did not see this coming.

people seeing barbie first are wild. the schedule needs to be
black coffee and a cigarette
oppenheimer around 11 (its 3 hours)
mimosas and brunch
barbie around 6/7
dinner, drinks, club
https://t.co/oRxWJmE2xm

— trish (@ULTRAGLOSS) June 26, 2023

Zardnaar

Legend
I can only pray that one day Fallout 5 will feature a blonde, pink-clad nuclear scientist.

Fallout 4 you can make something similar.

Anyway Barbies nit really my type of movie but I hope it does really well. It's reasonably priced somewhat original film by modern standards.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Barbie. But for reasons (being out of town for a stupid friend's stupid wedding; stupid friend's stupid happiness) I have to push Barbie back a week.

Biopics just don't appeal. So Oppenheimer will wait for streaming, if even then.

fba827

Adventurer
We have been waiting and watching for this day to come. You know the law. Two movies enter, one movie leaves.

On July 21, 2023, we will see an event unprecedented in history. A battle royale for the ages.

In one corner, wearing the black & white trunks, we have the Oppenheimer.
In the opposite corner, wearing hot pink shorts, we have Barbie.
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

The fate of movies, Hollywood, and ... perhaps ... civilization as we know it hangs in the balance. The question posed to you, denizens of Enworld, is simple.

What movie will you watch?

Will you go with the three-hour hard-R of Oppenheimer, trusting in the wizardry of Christopher Nolan to tell the story of the birth of the atomic age?
Or will go with the under two-hour runtime of beloved indie darling Barbie, trusting Ryan Gosling and Greta Gerwig to craft an unmatched story of pink redemption?
Perhaps you will see them both as a double feature, planting your posterior into the movie seats for an experience that has not been had since the glory days of the Roman Coliseum?

....or will you shrug your shoulders at this, the greatest spectacle of all, and say, "Eh, maybe I'll catch 'em on streaming, or something?"

It's a poll. Let us know. Expound upon your answers in the comments so that we may all bask in your wisdom!
To quote WOPR “The only winning move is not to play”

But if I must play, then Barbie as the other option is just way too serious for what I personally want in a movie experience for myself.

Remove ads