Bard/Barb Dragon Disciple build.

Blacklamb

First Post
I am looking for a little help for this build, as I have Never played a Bard and the most melee oriented class I have played is Monk. The build concept is a few lvls of Bard then to barbarian, then to alternate between the Barbaian and DD(not having to be even I want to hit DD 10 soonish). So I was wondering about the whole thing, Lvl progression(what class when), feats, stats...

The Character will be a Human and the starting class will be bard. Beyond that any help would be wonderful.

Blacklamb

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I made a version of this that was Bard 2(for 1st level spells)/Barbarian3/ DD X
If you want more rage just take extra or extended rage feats.
Barbarian is really only better than DD for the extra BAB. With this build you get 2nd attack at 8th lvl and 3rd at 15th.
Suggested spells: Cure light wounds, Grease, Featherfall, Insperational Boost(Cadv)
Feats - PA, extra rage, Bastard Sword, multitattack when you grow claws/fangs then switch to a 1-handed to take advantage of multiple attacks.

Blacklamb

First Post
Stats will be rolled, but I am curious as to how I should place them for priority.
Charisma needs to be kinda high, but Str/Con will be important as well, and what about int. This Character seems like he'll be stat dependant...Any suggestions?

Blacklamb

pbd

First Post
Actually, CHA doesn't need to be that high. I would suggest at least 12, but you're only really going to have 1st level spells, so it's not a top priority. I would put STR and CON high on the list. DEX and INT second. WIS is good for will saves and such.

IanB

First Post
I don't really like the (lack of) synergy between bard and barbarian. You can't cast spells while raging, after all. Do you really lose much changing those barbarian levels to fighter?

Blacklamb

First Post
See I always thought casting a spell by singing during a battle was kind of hokey, but I like the Idea of singing while fighting, kind of like my idea of a Viking. The spell casting from singing would be more RP or non-combat.

Blacklamb

Jack Simth

First Post
Bard/Barbarian/Barbarian/Bard/Barbarian/Dragon Disciple X; Int can afford to be a little low (as Bard and Barbarian both get a decent set of skillpoints) and you only need to have 8 skill points invested in Knoweledge(Arcana) by 5th; with the above progression, you get no penalties, and all but one can be invested as class skillpoints; with Bard/Bard/Barbarian/Barbarian/Barbarian, you're taking at least three ranks in Knoweledge(Arcana) cross-class. If you go Barbarian/Barbarian/Barbarian/Bard/Bard, you can get all your Knoweledge(Arcana) ranks in as class skillpoints. A very minor thing.... but something to be aware of.

Remove ads