Barrow of the Forgotten King

What do you think of Barrow of the Forgotten King?

• I don't have it, and I don't plan to buy it.

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • I don't have it, I planned to buy it, but I'm not so sure now.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • I don't have it and I didn't plan to buy it, but I may now.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don't have it, but I plan to buy it.

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • I have it, and I wish I hadn't bought it.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I have it, and I think it's more bad than good.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I have it, and I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • I have it, and I think it's more good than bad.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • I have it, and I really like it.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.5%

Nikroecyst

First Post
Im not that great of a DM despite doing it for quite some time, so naturally I find the module unequivically excellent. Its like Dming for Dummies. Not to mention one of the major problems I have with my group is that they are inexperienced and that giving them too many options confuses them, so the Linear Dundgeon is perfect for them.

On the other hand I found that the black and white BS in modules is a serious dissappointment (as is my spelling). If I were a pro I would never buy this module. Or if I did, I would do like others have stated and mine it for interesting encounters.

I think its fairly priced, easy to use, and provides a new kick to dungeons, monsters, and tactics. I own it and plan on running it in a month when I start up my new group.

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=189728

diaglo

Adventurer
i got it wednesday.

so far i've read it and several reviews.

i'm leaning towards. meh. i was hoping for more from (T)Ed Stark. i like his stuff normally.

Reynard

Legend
Quick Question: regardless of whether you'd run the adventure as is, are the delve format encounters worth getting it for? Are the modular seeming? Can you re-use them elsewhere with little work?

FunkBGR

Explorer
One thing I like about this and the new format in general, is that I've started to think about it for my own encounters and games. When I'm doing up a battlemat, I'll include a tree, or an extra rock, or just "stuff" to give terrain.

I don't normally think about that kind of thing, and nicely enough, they put the "effects" of the terrain right there.

I will be using this module in the future.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Interesting, the reaction to the adventure from those who bought it is mostly favourable. It may be better than you think.

Cheers!

Sir Elton

First Post
MerricB said:
I'm intrigued by this adventure. I got it earlier this week, and although it has much in it that doesn't quite work, it also has much in it that looks really cool.

What do you think?

Cheers!

It doesn't jump out and say, "Buy me!"

Sir Elton

First Post
MerricB said:
Heh. :)

It did to me... but then I just like adventures.

Cheers!

Yep. But when I looked at it, it seemed, uninteresting for me to use in my own campaign. I'm into Yaun-ti at the moment. GIVE ME MORE YAUN-TI!!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Sir Elton said:
Yep. But when I looked at it, it seemed, uninteresting for me to use in my own campaign. I'm into Yaun-ti at the moment. GIVE ME MORE YAUN-TI!!

Err... you might want to rethink your appraisal of the adventure.

The entire thing is chasing robbers led by an Yuan-Ti. The series will conclude in the Fortress of the Yuan-Ti!

Cheers!

Remove ads