Base Classes

Erekose13

Explorer
I propose we officially allow the following classes. Most were in agreement in the Books discussion.

Warlock
Scout
Spirit Shamen
Spellthief
Hexblade
Favored Soul
Marshal

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
No, these are the ones we didn't really discuss at all, other than to see yes votes from us. I don't want it to seem that these classes got special treatment just because the judges all had no problem with them initially, without anyone else weighing in or any discussion.

IcyCool

First Post
Well, these all look pretty good with the following two points.

1. The Marshall will likely replace the Bard.
2. The Chilling Tentacles invocation for the warlock will end every encounter that doesn't involve flyers, or have a caster to dispel it.

Ferrix

Explorer
IcyCool said:
Well, these all look pretty good with the following two points.

1. The Marshall will likely replace the Bard.
2. The Chilling Tentacles invocation for the warlock will end every encounter that doesn't involve flyers, or have a caster to dispel it.

1) The marshal lacks the diversity of skills and skill points of the bard as well as the spellcasting ability. Also, with the various bard feats from ECS and CV (proposed elsewhere) it is very unlikely that the marshal will at all replace the bard.

2) The Chilling Tentacles invocation is unlikely to end every encounter, by that level creatures will often times have large grapple checks, perhaps ranks in escape artist, and resistance to cold or even immunity. It is also ineffective against incorporeal creatures. The average cold damage is 7 per round, not very much for CR 11 creatures. It is also 4 levels later than a wizard gains access to evard's black tentacles.

Ferrix

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
No, these are the ones we didn't really discuss at all, other than to see yes votes from us. I don't want it to seem that these classes got special treatment just because the judges all had no problem with them initially, without anyone else weighing in or any discussion.

It did seem that we discussed them in part, that we were generally okay with them unlike the others which triggered greater discussion and thus aren't on this list.

Remove ads