• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Basic Rules and OGL?

Nathal

Explorer
I was just reading the 5th Edition OGL adventure by Kobold Press called "Cat & Mouse" and noted whenever an SRD monster was used, it referred to "Basic Rules" in the truncated stat bloc rather than "SRD". Interesting. Not sure what to make of that given this thread, but I've wondered the same thing as the OP.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I was just reading the 5th Edition OGL adventure by Kobold Press called "Cat & Mouse" and noted whenever an SRD monster was used, it referred to "Basic Rules" in the truncated stat bloc rather than "SRD". Interesting. Not sure what to make of that given this thread, but I've wondered the same thing as the OP.

Depending on when the module was published, it might (and probably does) predate the publication of the 5e SRD. The Basic rules were available long before the SRD was.

Nathal

Explorer
Depending on when the module was published, it might (and probably does) predate the publication of the 5e SRD. The Basic rules were available long before the SRD was.

You're right. The module was published in 2015, and it uses the older OGL and SRD rather than System
Reference Document 5.1.

Remove ads