• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Bastion rules: every pub owner is at least 13th level

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I'd really like these tied to the mundane business or buildings or whatnot rules, with the ability to add cool things as you level, just like a PC. That way you don't just suddenly have this, you build it up as you go. That would be great.
The UA itself explicitly states that characters have been working toward these things prior to actually getting the Bastion abilities.

I guess it makes sense: this stuff is intended for the DMG so people aren't actually going to read it before commenting.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The UA itself explicitly states that characters have been working toward these things prior to actually getting the Bastion abilities.

I guess it makes sense: this stuff is intended for the DMG so people aren't actually going to read it before commenting.
Rudeness is awesome. It's not tied to those rules that I can see.

dave2008

Legend

Yes, but it s not connected to the rules in the DMG, it is just handwaved in the bastion rules. I think that is the issue @Zaukrie is talking about

Last edited:

Personally, after taking a look through the different bastions, most of them could outright do away with the level restrictions. There are a few of them currently labeled 13th level+ that I think could be justified as being reserved for 10th level characters and up (the pub is not one of them), but otherwise I just just see the level restrictions are arbitrary and unneeded. What I'll be suggesting is just making the BP generation based on level and not building type. They could just make the points a uniform:
1d4 BP 5th level
1d6 BP 9th level
1d8 BP 13th level
1d10 BP 17th level

Honestly that's likely the way I'd see to quick fix houserule it.

Remove ads