• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Oh dear...)

Ryujin

Legend
I think there's also an element of painting a style as "badwrongfun". Some folks like pop music, some like opera, some like both. But a pop fan saying an opera is poor because it's not pop music is largely meaningless. I'm personally looking forward to a darker, more serious movie than the 8-years-and-counting onslaught of bright, cheery superhero flicks. Both are great.

I suspect if DC had started it's shared universe first and Marvel second, the styles might be reversed. But the worst thing DC could do is copy Marvel.

It seems that more than a few reviews are criticizing exactly that; that it isn't a four-colour version of a movie, like the Marvel outings typically have been. That there might be < GASP! > something cerebral in it, that isn't in keeping with the usual punch-em-up. Far from putting me off, I'm seeing this as a big positive sign. I don't mind a little navel gazing in my entertainment. It's actually sounding much better than I had feared.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    766.9 KB · Views: 177

Ryujin

Legend
Interesting. This is what I see. Are you using it on mobile? That could be the issue, because pages are frequently pared-down.

Attachments

• BvS_1.jpg
    BvS_1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 151

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I know some people who worked on the dubbing and they say it is rather bad. The reviews (with tiltes like Yawn of Justice and Batman V Superman V Bad) just confirm what I was told.

I'll still see it, but from now I'll use Snyder instead of Bay when I want to make fun of bad films.

Ryujin

Legend
I know some people who worked on the dubbing and they say it is rather bad. The reviews (with tiltes like Yawn of Justice and Batman V Superman V Bad) just confirm what I was told.

I'll still see it, but from now I'll use Snyder instead of Bay when I want to make fun of bad films.

My favourite alternative title is what Nerdist jas been using for something like the last 9 months, when talking about it; "Batman v Superman, Dong of Justin."

Remove ads