Batman v Superman (open spoiler thread)

VengerSatanis

High Priest of Kort'thalis Publishing
Check out the Metacritic reviews:
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/star-wars-episode-vii---the-force-awakens
824 positive, 599 negative, and only 311 mixed. The fans loved it or hated it.

Both BvS and even Star Trek Into Darkness are more appreciated by fan reviews.

To me, that's just people on the internet being people on the internet. I was talking about real life.

If I was walking down the street and saw 9 other individuals wearing Star Wars t-shirts and we chatted about The Force Awakens, my guess is that only 1 out of the 10 would have more negative things to say about it than positive. And, yes, it's very much a remake/reboot of A New Hope.

For that matter, of those 10 people, my assumption is that at least 7 of them would say, "Meh" or "I didn't like it" to Star Trek's Into Darkness. So, also not divisive, in my opinion.

However, this thread is about Batman vs. Superman, so that's about all I'm going to say about other movies on this thread.

VS

Ryujin

Legend
To me, that's just people on the internet being people on the internet. I was talking about real life.

If I was walking down the street and saw 9 other individuals wearing Star Wars t-shirts and we chatted about The Force Awakens, my guess is that only 1 out of the 10 would have more negative things to say about it than positive. And, yes, it's very much a remake/reboot of A New Hope.

For that matter, of those 10 people, my assumption is that at least 7 of them would say, "Meh" or "I didn't like it" to Star Trek's Into Darkness. So, also not divisive, in my opinion.

However, this thread is about Batman vs. Superman, so that's about all I'm going to say about other movies on this thread.

VS

In marketing the issue has always been how much weight to give to complaints, even in the snail mail days. Satisfied customers rarely talk about their satisfaction. Maybe one in a thousand lets you know that you've done well. Maybe one in ten dissatisfied customers contacts you.

MechaPilot

Explorer
It sounded like it had been going on for a while. At least since Sups destroyed Metropolis. People in the film knew that the brand equaled a death sentence. He couldn't have beent he first. It could be bad writing or a scene that was cut gave more info on Robin.

Barbara Gordon was in the flick, but her scene was cut. I wonder if she was Oracle and what that implicated about Mr. J.

Supes only appeared, and Zod only wrecked part of Metropolis, 18 months before the film starts.

The film also states that the criminal we see that was branded was not the first. We can hear a news report in the film state that another person who was branded was a suspected child predator. Based on the two people he apparently branded, Batman seemed to have been branding sex-offenders. And that kind of makes sense. I mean, why would the "bat brand" equate to a death sentence in prison? The only thing I can think of is that the brand was batman's way of signifying something that most prison populations don't care for. I don't know too much about prisons, but I've heard that child predators are not looked fondly on by the general population.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Supes only appeared, and Zod only wrecked part of Metropolis, 18 months before the film starts.

The film also states that the criminal we see that was branded was not the first. We can hear a news report in the film state that another person who was branded was a suspected child predator. Based on the two people he apparently branded, Batman seemed to have been branding sex-offenders. And that kind of makes sense. I mean, why would the "bat brand" equate to a death sentence in prison? The only thing I can think of is that the brand was batman's way of signifying something that most prison populations don't care for. I don't know too much about prisons, but I've heard that child predators are not looked fondly on by the general population.

Yeah, Jared as already been beat up. But I'm not sure about the Batman brand. It could just be a weak scenario.

Ningauble

First Post
I thought it was awesome. I went in with zero expectations and I was blown away. It has some problems certainly, but the last half of the movie or so was great. Fight with Bats v. Sup was epic and really reminded me of the Dark Knight Returns. The death really surprised me. I did not know it was coming until his little speech. All the actors were good, even Jesse Eisenberg who I was worried would be too annoying but for the most part I liked him as Lex (was he supposed to be a clone of the original Lex Luthor?). I did not think it was too grim or humorously. It certainly had enough tender moments such as Sup with his mother or the vision of his father. Also the funeral scene I found moving. Critics loved Spiderman 2 for the awesome speech by Aunt May so the critics should have given credit for these scenes. Cannot wait for the next DC movie.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Saw it last night and meh. Thought they were going to do so much more. The plot was mediocre and at times I was just having a hard time paying attention to the flick. Superman movies shouldn't be so dour. Superman the tortured hero doesn't work for me. With luck they move on from Snyder on this franchise. Loved Man of Steel but this was a disappointment. Luthor was pretty weak, but better than the lame land scheme guy from the old flicks. There is potential there though.

The chick who played Wondey was fine.

In the Aquaman scene was expecting a hook to drop in from the top of the screen. Those clips just seemed cheap for some reason.

a lot of references to TDKR and Death of Superman but didn't have the impact I was expecting.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Saw it today and thought it was OK. As predominantly a Batman fan, I thought Affleck did a great job. Only the late reveal that he'd been guided/manipulated by Luthor felt like wrong footing ...

That said, completely agree that Doomsday was surperfluous as was the Lois near death by drowning ...

Dog Moon

Adventurer

Oh, is THAT who that person in the one video was! I was like I recognize the Flash because of the TV series and Aquaman because of stuff, but I had no idea who that last person was.

I thought it was kinda weird that Aquaman was in the movie but wasn't really IN the movie. I also thought it sad that they didn't get the Flash from the TV show, but I guess I can understand why they might not, even though I think that would have been cooler.

The Lex Luthor thing didn't bother me as much, though ironically after reading all the other posts for some reason even his character started to bug me. I don't mean the ridiculousness of the plot, but the character itself. It felt a little off, but not as much as other people think.

I think I had many complaints as others that don't need to be repeated. I thought it was kind of a boring action movie and wish there had actually been more than just the one half-arsed joke. "I thought she was with you."

Wonder Woman was cool and I thought that last battle was fairly slick, although it made me feel like a boss in a dnd campaign. Superman and Wonder Woman were both played by power gamers and Batman wasn't. Because of this, the boss was made to fight them and poor Bats just couldn't stand up against a boss with such a high Strength and AC. So in the final fight it was mostly them fighting, though Batman did get in one little shot at the end just so he could say he DID participate in the battle [but only after the boss was grappled and the AC lowered]. Wonder Woman might have made more sense wielding the spear, but she was currently the one holding the boss [Mutant Zod is what I called him, but I don't know the actual name and don't know if the movie ever mentioned it...] so it made sense that Supes would be the one to use it, even though yeah, it IS weird that he is wielding it.

Anyway, I was definitely not a big fan of the movie and besides part of that last battle, don't ever have the desire to watch it again.

Remove ads