• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman v Superman (open spoiler thread)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Affleck's Batman and Bruce Wayne are amazing. I love how creepy Batman is when we first see him. I think the voice modulator works so much better than Bale's growling while also having more realism than Keaton's doing nothing to disguise his voice. I love Batman's stunt driving. When Bruce was driving to Wayne tower in Metropolis it felt like watching James Bond in his spy car. I also love the more brutal Batman. I've seen some people online complaining about him killing people, but screw that noise. The other good live-action portrayals of batman (Bale and Keaton) both saw him killing at least one person.

[video=youtube;psVIG7YvdjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM[/video]

Ryujin

Legend
What, being rescued by Superman three times wasn't enough for you? One of the biggest issues with the movie is that Lois is constantly a damsel in distress and does nothing useful. She has to be saved by Superman three times. Your idea would exacerbate that problem.

For all of the movies faults, at least in "Man of Steel" she had some agency.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
What, being rescued by Superman three times wasn't enough for you? One of the biggest issues with the movie is that Lois is constantly a damsel in distress and does nothing useful. She has to be saved by Superman three times. Your idea would exacerbate that problem.

Nah cause along with having Lois kidnapped and held hostage by KGBeast, I'd also eliminate the scene when she's thrown off the roof and the stupid drowning scene at the end (in fact I'd eliminate Doomsday entirely). That means the only other time she would need to be saved is in the Africa scene (which was the only one in the movie that kind-of added to Lois' story)

Then use the added time to actually establish that Superman loves Lois - she is his whole world!

MechaPilot

Explorer
I thought Superman was the villain? and I note it was Superman who punched first! (well pushed)

I saw Bruce as the villain. He was a sympathetic villain, to be sure, but he followed the general writing trope that "villains act, heroes react." Virtually everything he did, aside from the character-reinforcing dream sequences, were affirmative efforts to track down the kryptonite and create a weapon to destroy superman. By contrast, Superman was always reactionary to the efforts of Bruce and Lex, while also actively engaging in saving people.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I was confused about what was happening in the Cyborg clip and I watched Justice League: War just 2 months ago as part of my build up to the movie!.

It's interesting to see the different ways that people think/recall things. I haven't seen JL: War in at least four months, but I still recognized that the cube-shaped device was probably a mother box. Of course, it probably helps that the JL: War Cyborg origin is the only origin I've ever seen for that character.

It does raise an interesting question though, about why and where a mother box had already been found on earth.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Now if it was me doing the BvS writing I would have deleted the 2 kids diving in the Indian ocean scene and instead have Mercy reporting to Lex with "Mr Luthor, two of our survey probes in the Indian Ocean were attacked, but we still managed to recover the package, its being shipped over now" then have Lex look at his computer screen with "aah, interesting. Add it to the Cadmus files and contact Dr Stone" -IMHO that gives the Aquaman cameo relevance and in my scenario foreshadows both Cyborg and another possible big bad besides Darkseid:)

That doesn't sound like a bad way to go, but one of the things I really enjoyed in the film was Lex politically fencing with the senator, leading to the wheelchair blowing up at the capital. If you wanted to keep that in, you'd probably have to separate the finding and the shipping of the kryptonite into two different scenes (though you certainly could have had Aquaman, or some Atlanteans, attack the ship en route in a scene reminiscent of the old liberty ships trying to run supplies to the U.K. past the German U-boats that patrolled the Atlantic during WWII).

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I was think about the DC cinematic murderverse. I have trouble finding Jared Leto's Joker to be Afleck's Batman uber nemesis. Ok, Luthor managed to manipulated Batman pretty easily, so gang banger Joker could do the same, but I just do not find him menacing after Batman faced Superman. Even if he did kill Batman's sidekick.

I hope a more grimdark Joker will rise and that the Joker we saw was just a mad Jason Todd.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I hope . . . that the Joker we saw was just a mad Jason Todd.

I'm pretty darned sure that he's not. From what I've read and analyzed of the theory that he is Jason Todd, none of it holds water. However, I do want to see Jason Todd in the DCCU: I think a Red Hood film would make for a good Batman stand-alone film.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm pretty darned sure that he's not. From what I've read and analyzed of the theory that he is Jason Todd, none of it holds water. However, I do want to see Jason Todd in the DCCU: I think a Red Hood film would make for a good Batman stand-alone film.

I'm reluctant to see spin-off of Batman. What I want to know is if the Joker is still alive in B v S. It does make much sense that the Joker is alive after he killed Robin when Batman is ready to murder Superman.

Remove ads