• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman vs. Iron Man - FIGHT!

Batman vs. Iron Man

• Batman

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Iron Man

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • I'm too mature for this conversation

Votes: 1 3.4%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I haven't read a good old-fashioned "who would win?" thread in a long time!

So - who would win. And, more importantly, why? State your case!

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
They have a similar level of wealth. What's a few billion here or there? They have a similar level of intellect. One is more carefree and one more brooding, but so what? They have access to similar levels of technology. Iron Man probably has a Batmanbuster armor in a closet somewhere and Batman has Iron-Man-repellent (and I'd say that's a joke, but they really possibly do). Batman is said to have a plan ready for every occasion, whereas Iron Man thinks more on his feet. I think Batman wins if the fight is coincidental.

I tried looking up if they'd ever met in one of the Marvel DC crossovers, but I'm not fnding anything.

DnD_Dad

First Post
Both are geniuses, and have lots of money. Iron man can fly, has super strength, regenerating armor and lots of beams an lasers. Batman is a master martial artist, acrobat, and has lots of gadgets. I think batman could lure him in to something and get the upper hand quickly, but ironman could blast him with missiles and what not all day long. I like both enough to say I could happily watch the fight, but wouldn't be surprised if either won.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Iron Man - flight and strength are the two factors BUT as this is the comics and these guys are good guys, it would be a draw; Batman would loose the first round but would be prepared for round 2 and Tony would just be cocky and get taken out by some Bat-gismo. Round 3, they would zero each other out with tech and gadgets and find out a third party had lured them to go against each other. The fun thing would be the sheer destruction, bat cave...gone, Tony's lab...gone, their satellites...gone, they would be taking out each others support more than fighting!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As per nearly every comic book hero fight, the winner would be determined by whose title it in which it occurred. ;)

Personally, I think the details of who starts the fight and why. If Bats is going preemptive, he wins. He'll be going in prepared and that is his forte. If Stark just decided to go after Batman without warning, it would be a short fight- repulsor beams (or Unibeam or flung semi or...) at 200 yards.

Man to man combat on a desert island? Bats all the way. He's described as being in the top 5 living martial artists in the world.

If it were set in a deathtrap a la Arcade or similar villain, where only one will walk out alive, it would be a bit more iffy. Bats is "the Worlds Greatest Detective", but Stark is one of Marvel's top 3 geniuses.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
If Stark was for some reason a threat, Batman would destroy him ruthlessly if he could not reason with him. Batman would sneak in and remove the arc reactor core from Tony's chest after deactivating Jarvis and all the other security.
If Batman became a problem, Stark would eventually figure out how to deal with him. Only if Batman was somehow unable to notice Stark investigating him.

Big difference is that Bruce pretends to be a playboy, while Tony IS a playboy.
Batman is dedicated.
Tony is out for fun and thrills.

If Batman was one of the best 5 martial artists in the world, he wouldn't have to fight outside of the dojo. He would be better than that. But then, that's the comic-book view of Martial Arts, rather than the real view.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Big difference is that Bruce pretends to be a playboy, while Tony IS a playboy.
Batman is dedicated.
Tony is out for fun and thrills.

That's a view of Stark that is rather out of synch with the main line of the comics. Tony *started* as a playboy, yes. And he battles alcoholism across the decades. But he hasn't been an actual playboy for a long, long time.

If Batman was one of the best 5 martial artists in the world, he wouldn't have to fight outside of the dojo. He would be better than that.

Eh, no. When you're up against madmen and psychopaths, no mount of training will ensure you never need to fight.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah...its not like the trouble is coming to the Batcave on a regular basis. Bats must seek it out to combat it.

As do, it should be pointed out, the martial artists who are supposedly his peers or his betters.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
You know the mentioning of Batman's status of being is one of the 5 Best martial artists in DCU is funny if one thinks that confers enough of an advantage to defeat Ironman. Reason: Ironman defeated Iron Fist* back in the 1980s (In Iron Fist #1). I'm pretty sure Iron Fist is a better martial artist then Batman, so his chances of defeating Ironman in straight fist fight without using resorting to using any special weaponry doesn't look that high.

* Marvel's #1 martial artist who has chi powers.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads