• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlegraph dry erase Boards!

Longtooth Studios

First Post
Nope. It works fine for me in Opera 9. Awesome animation, BTW!

Thanks everyone!

I cant take total credit for it, I found it as a template. I know enough flash to rework it for our site. I am working on the homepage now. It is a little more involved.
The next few weeks are going to be super busy, but everything is on schedule for release. Exciting times!

Any thoughts on the updates to the Battlegraph page and the option for custom boards?

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
The biggest thing I think needs to be changed on the website is making it more obvious where you purchase the battlegraphs. For example, clicking the "pre-order today!" button causes you to jump back to... the top of the same page. Make an anchor that drops the person down to the bottom where the Add to Cart button is, and maybe make a link on the side bar. You don't necessarily need a separate page, but something that brings the person right to the purchase spot is going to make the site more user-friendly.

EDIT: OK, actually, you did this for the main page, but the rest haven't been updated. Make sure to fix those! It's misleading if it just takes you to the main page without dropping to the anchor :D Even worse is the News page, which not only doesn't take you to the index page, it doesn't take you anywhere ;)

Last edited:

Longtooth Studios

First Post
The biggest thing I think needs to be changed on the website is making it more obvious where you purchase the battlegraphs. For example, clicking the "pre-order today!" button causes you to jump back to... the top of the same page. Make an anchor that drops the person down to the bottom where the Add to Cart button is, and maybe make a link on the side bar. You don't necessarily need a separate page, but something that brings the person right to the purchase spot is going to make the site more user-friendly.

EDIT: OK, actually, you did this for the main page, but the rest haven't been updated. Make sure to fix those! It's misleading if it just takes you to the main page without dropping to the anchor :D Even worse is the News page, which not only doesn't take you to the index page, it doesn't take you anywhere ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I have made a few changes that I hope makes things a little easier. I will be going to a more robust cart when I get a minute to breath, so it should have a more integrated feel.

weem

First Post
I love the idea of these but something was keeping me from jumping at the chance to get them and I think I figured it out... two things really...

1. I'm not into the white. It's way too bright (for me). If they could be done in a very light brown/tan like battle mat (I have a few) I would definitely be into it. To take it a step further, if there were a few options to choose from that would be awesome... like.... light brown, light green, and light gray (earth, grass, stone) - even better.

2. The idea of drawing dungeons (for example) ahead of time is cool - but we never play the game I run at my house, so i would be carrying them to the game... I'm not sure how the ink would hold up when they are stacked (sorry if this was addressed earlier in the thread - gonna go back and skim but I don't recall it). I would imagine you would/could have some smearing there.

But yea, they look great and good luck with the business!

Longtooth Studios

First Post
I love the idea of these but something was keeping me from jumping at the chance to get them and I think I figured it out... two things really...

1. I'm not into the white. It's way too bright (for me). If they could be done in a very light brown/tan like battle mat (I have a few) I would definitely be into it. To take it a step further, if there were a few options to choose from that would be awesome... like.... light brown, light green, and light gray (earth, grass, stone) - even better.

2. The idea of drawing dungeons (for example) ahead of time is cool - but we never play the game I run at my house, so i would be carrying them to the game... I'm not sure how the ink would hold up when they are stacked (sorry if this was addressed earlier in the thread - gonna go back and skim but I don't recall it). I would imagine you would/could have some smearing there.

But yea, they look great and good luck with the business!

It may be worth looking into various materials just to see what non-white dry erase surfaces are out there, but the white has its advantages when using colored markers. Dry erase comes in many colors now, and the white allows them to really pop.

As far as drawing your maps ahead of time, I have been wanting to make a demo video of this, but with production picking up and release just around the corner, I have been a bit thin on time. I'll get to it though.

Its really easy to draw ahead of time, it is one of the products major advantages. Not only do you save time at the game table, but you also are allowed to take your time on the map and include cool details you would be tempted to leave out when hastily scratching out a map during a game.
Just draw out the map keeping in mind that you can retire panels that have been explored and add new ones as the party enters new areas and levels.

Then stack up the panels using a bit of non-slip material like shelf liner, rubber washers or silly putty that has been placed in the white spaces so that it doesn't rub away any of the drawing. The rubbery material holds everything together like a brick, and provides a little space to protect the drawing. Stack in reverse order so that the first encounter is at the top. Then you just move down the stack until the game is over. Wipe and repeat for the next session.

Things like secret doors and traps can be added in on the fly simply by drawing them in, but if you have something elaborate, then make a panel for it to be swapped in when the party discovers it.

I hope this helps.

Longtooth Studios

First Post
For those who are following the thread, but not watching the site. Tomorrow is the last day of the pre-release sale. Time to get in those last minute orders to take advantage of the dirt cheap prices.

Longtooth Studios

First Post
It has been a very busy week, but I thought I would post an update on our progress.

We have finished with our first run and are getting ready to package to ship. We should start shipping by Wednesday or Thursday.

This has been an incredible experience, and we are thrilled to get to bring such a great product to players.

In order to make this product available retail around the world, we have decided that the MSRP will be set at $24.99. Shipping for web orders will be set at 5.00 per order of up to 4 sets. flat rate for domestic orders to the lower 48, and all others can be quoted order by order.

Retailers should contact us for terms.

Full steam ahead!

Longtooth Studios

First Post
We are proud to announce that all domestic boards are on the way. There was a newbie error during shipping and no one received emails with tracking numbers. We apologize for the error, and after a week if you have not received your order, please email us with your info and we will look into it. Non-domestic orders will receive emails with quotes on additional shipping that is needed to complete the order or we can refund your payment if you wish. If you can make other arrangements for shipping, that will work too.

This has been an amazing experience, and we are very happy to get to play such an important role in the gaming community. Now that things are settling into a less chaotic pattern, we will begin to make preparations to take things to the next level.

We originally planned to sell a cleaner to be used with the boards, but it was decided that it was not the business we wanted to be in. So instead of trying to keep the secret to ourselves, we would rather everyone be prepared to safely clean their boards without damaging them, and have released the primary active ingredient. Denatured alcohol. This fast evaporating solvent is just right for occasionally cleaning the boards when they get too dirty from greasy fingers and cheese puffs, and is available at most department, building supply, and hobby stores where woodworking supplies are found. A little goes a long way, so a small can will really last. Please follow all instructions and labeling when cleaning the boards. Keep this stuff away from open flame.

From everyone here at Longtooth Studios, we would like to thank you all for your support during our pre-release event. Keep your eye on us as we continue to offer products to improve your gaming experience.
[FONT=&quot]Remember; support your local gaming store! It is more important now than ever![/FONT]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads