D&D General Battlemage

1000002355.jpg

Hey

How would I go about building this class in DnD if at possible wether it's a multiclass or a pre existing class that comes closest

My opinion is if Hasbro tried a strategy videogame style Warhammer: Total War the "warmages" or "duskblades" could break the power balance very soon, and after when all the spells were spent, then they wouldn't be so useful.

I imagine the update of the warmages in 5ed like the swordsage class from Tome of Battle: Book of nine Swords but the maneuvers with ranged effect.

Clint_L

Hero
Light armour and one-handed melee weapons, with what seems like a pretty heavy magic component. To me, Bladesinger looks like the best fit.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
It’s been a while, but is that screenshot from Morrowwind or Daggerfall?
Looks like Morrowind, yeah. Maybe Oblivion.

Not sure how important "Intelligence" is in this context (considering the difference between Elder Scrolls and D&D stats) but Warlock with pact blade and/or hex blade) fits the bill pretty good as well

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
That's Oblivion. It's from the end of the tutorial where you can redo your choices.
Pathfinder's Magus class would be a good fit, The Duskblade from PHB2 is pretty similar.

Stormonu

Legend
View attachment 359358
Hey

How would I go about building this class in DnD if at possible wether it's a multiclass or a pre existing class that comes closest
I've been working on hybrid class, included below or at this link (best viewed in Chrome). It hasn't been playtested, unfortunately.

If you were to do it by multiclassing, I'd suggest 1 level of Fighter (working towards Eldritch Knight or Rune Knight) and 3 levels of Wizard or Sorcerer, repeating. (So 1F, 2W, 3W, 4W, 5F, 6W, 7W, 8W, 9F, 10W, 11W, 12W, 13F, 14W, 15W, 16W, 17F, 18W, 19W, 20W - giving you 5 levels of fighter and 15 levels of Wizard at the end).

Alternately, a Warlock (Hexblade)/Sorcerer might get you what you want too.

Attachments

• Battlemage - The Homebrewery.pdf
    16.3 MB · Views: 12

Remove ads