Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 4/18/08--The Ties That Bind

Ahnehnois

First Post
Well *that* was a surprise.

The first couple episodes were just laying things out and didn't have much shape to thim, so this was the first one that felt like a story. It also sort of validates Tory as a meaningful actor in the story rather than someone we don't know who was thrown in just for the heck of it.

Pants

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Oh, I dunno. They let Sharon live, and she was a Cylon. I can understand why Tory would want to keep it secret, but I don't get why Col. "Brass-Balls" Tigh didn't just go up to Adama and say, "Admiral, I think I'm a Cylon. You'd better put me into custody. Tyrol, Tory, and that basketball guy or whatever sport it is he plays, they're Cylons too. I'd really like to think that everything will be alright, but I consider you too good of a friend to risk hiding this for my own sake. Just, um, please don't space me."
Because Col. Tigh has repeatedly been shown to be a weak, weak man when it comes to such things.

Cally! No! I just thought that she looked better then ever in her first scenes this episode, and now she's gone?! Tori can be quite nasty. It appears to me as there is indeed some Cylon "superstrength" in her.

I really believed that Dianna would be back this episode. And for a moment I believed they might not end with an awesome real shoot-out between Basestars.
It was a clever ploy by the writers and the Cavils. ;)

So far, this season did not disappoint.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I don't know. I wasn't such a fan of the episode.

They appear to be setting us up with Lee Adama as President after Roslin dies; so all of this politics is just a smokescreen to justify later events and the inevitable Dad vs Son showdown over some fleet issue.

The Cylon civil war is interesting - but they are showing essentially nothing but the yellow highlights.

The Cally thing and the affair was...well it didn't grab me. Tori is the obvious one they can go to as the "evil" cylon. If they had done that with Anders or even Tyrol - the fans would have freaked. Anders is easily the most likaeble guy on the show.

Tigh?....yeah Tigh is a bad ass enough after New Caprica he can be made believable to do anything as Evil Cylon. But not Anders or Tyrol. That would go too far.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I really believed that Dianna would be back this episode. And for a moment I believed they might not end with an awesome real shoot-out between Basestars.

Man, the Cylons really believe in disposability. Those basestars fall apart like they're made of paper or something.

Brad

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Now I can explain...

The schism between Flesh Cs, ending in the removal of some Sixes and the rebellious others.

And the now 'clearly-thinking' Centurions as well, but that may continue at some later date.

And yes, as stated, keeping a secret, comes at a high price.

The command to survive is very strong, and it showed in this esp.

RangerWickett said:
Y'know Carlos, sometimes I have no idea what you mean when you post in these BSG threads.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Nuclear missiles tend to do that...and yupe, they ain't built like Battlestars.
cignus_pfaccari said:
Man, the Cylons really believe in disposability. Those basestars fall apart like they're made of paper or something.

Brad

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Second Easter egg spotted, who was Cylon/Person, in the background (command deck). During the inital attack on the Sixes' ship.

Hint--they had a afro style hairdo.

By the way, the "free-willed" Centurions... somehow, they worry me. That one that was washing off the blood, he looked a bit... strange. Could he be a spy for Cavill?

And what's with Galactica-Boomer and Cavill? When did they get together?

Remove ads