Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 4/18/08--The Ties That Bind

Elodan

Adventurer
Steel_Wind said:
I don't know. I wasn't such a fan of the episode.
The Cylon civil war is interesting - but they are showing essentially nothing but the yellow highlights.

I was pretty meh for this episode. Never much cared for Cally and the previews pretty much showed you what was going to happen to her so I wasn't drawn in here.

Lee on the council, again meh.

Tori is becoming more interesting.

Like the cylon civil war and really hope that the 'rebel' forces aren't wiped out. I am (was?) really looking forward to seeing what is (was?) going to happen with the centurions.

Joker

First Post
Who here thinks they will find Earth well before the end of the season so that we have a few episodes of the drama surrounding that?

I only ask this because I don't think they're gonna have Keira and the gang hover around space for the next :6: + :6: + :1: episodes.

Sir Brennen

Legend
I liked it, but was really annoyed that the previews pretty much showed Cally's fate. Would have more impact if I got to watch it unfold without the commercials containing the shot of Tory holding the baby with her hand on the button.

Though it didn't dawn on me 'til this episode that there's another human/cylon hybrid besides Hera. Wonder if they'll make anything of that.

Tigh is in a way too conflicted place to simply turn himself in right now: he's discovered he is the thing he hates most, but refuses to let that define him. He's convinced he can rise above and not be a puppet, and turning himself in would be admitting he might not be able to that. He's holding up his fellow cylons to those same standards.

I wonder... will the Six being held in captivity on the Galatica be the only one of her model left after the ambush by the Cavills? That has some possibilities, tying into her messianic role they keep hinting at in the previews/advertising.

Last edited:

The Forsaken One said:
Surprised noone said anything about Baltar having Head Baltar around... Really weird, wonder what that means.
That's because it happened in the previous episode. This time, we only get to wonder where Baltar is in the first place. ;)

D.Shaffer

First Post
I'm going to miss Cally, I'll be honest about that, even if she WAS acting a bit shrewish. But then, I also blame that on a baby and the anti depressents. Loved her comment on the doctor.

The Cylon civil war...so which can we consider to be the Rebel faction? It'll be interesting to see the human reaction to it if they ever find out. I severely doubt they all got wiped out during that ambush so I'm waiting to see the payback. The centurion waiting until 'Please' was said was a cute touch.

1701D, Hah! :)

Lee's really being set up as Roslin's opponent, isnt he? Kind of an interesting turn about for the guy who defended her against a military coup earlier. I have to wonder how much bitching she's going to give her father over it. :D

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
By the way, the "free-willed" Centurions... somehow, they worry me. That one that was washing off the blood, he looked a bit... strange. Could he be a spy for Cavill?
Maybe, but I doubt it since Cavil was opposed to taking off the restrictor in the first place. The vibe I got was the cylon wiping the blood was thinking to itself, "Why I am doing this crap job? The skin jobs made this mess, let them clean it up."

And what's with Galactica-Boomer and Cavill? When did they get together?
Previous episode when the skin jobs were voting about the lobotomizing of the raiders. Galactica-Boomer split with the rest of her model and voted with Cavil.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Very cool episode. I was worried when it started that we were going to have another of those "this is what daily life is like on the Galactica at the moment" type stories, like we had at the end of season 3. So glad it wasn't! And really surprised by the speed with which the plot went for the jugular! Poor Cally. I liked her.

And yet another episode where the centurions don't say Those Words. They probably can't even speak and I'm getting all het up over nothing. I swear I'll have a fit if it ever happens :D

Jeez, and am I glad that I don't watch previews for this show. I was extremely anxious over the fate of the baby and was very glad that it survived (albeit in the hands of the Clearly Evil NPC.) I'd have hated to have had that ruined for me by some dumb preview.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Wormwood said:
Three posts and that's it?

Not an auspicious sign for the final season.

[waterskiing fonzie.gif]

Season Four is kickin' a in my book.

So far they're batting .1000

Oh and I just saw Rehka Sharma (Tori), Michael Trucco (Anders) and Michael Hogan (Tigh) at the NY ComiCon. Very cool to see the three of them after Friday's ep.

Remove ads