• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--3/04/07--Arc 16

Kara was flying in a gas giant, and even if she ejected from her viper she would still die, due to the intense pressure of the lower layers of the planet. Not to mention the possibility the gases might be toxic too.

Joker

First Post
Volaran said:
Well, just listened to the podcast. Certainly makes it seem like a valid character death. Thus far, the podcasts have been pretty honest about spoilers, so I this was exactly as it appeared.

I noticed a mention that Adama destroying the ship seemed like very honest emotion. Apparently that was the case, as it was not scripted, and the ship that Edward James Olmos destroyed on the spur of the moment was a museum quality piece they had been renting, and was worth several hundred thousand dollars.

Ouch, that's gonna cut into their budget.

Next episode: Main characters sitting around a table talking about the experiences they had with Keira. Cue flashbacks.

GlassJaw

Hero
Well I just watched this episode last night. While I liked it overall, including Thrace's background (felt a lot like a Lost episode), I just didn't get why they did it. Like others have said, it didn't feel like it was necessary nor did it further any story arc or reveal anything else new. I felt the same way when they killed Eko. Definitely a head-scratcher for me.

I'll still tune in though. I want to see how they handle Baltar's trial. I'm rooting for Baltar.

Volaran

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
Honestly - I thought it sounded like RD Moore on a "look at me and how daring I am" ego trip. I was not impressed.

Not a problem. I found it well in line with his other podcasts. RDM seems willing to admit his mistakes in the podcast (Day in the Life, and Black Market for example) and I at least get an interesting take on what went in to an episode. If he's a bit gleefully arrogant about the aspects of the show he's proud of, I don't mind. But that's just my take.

I notice you questioned why you bother watching anymore. I'm sorry to hear that the podcast didn't provide you with any answers. Perhaps it would be best to stick with shows you continue to enjoy.

D.Shaffer

First Post
Volaran said:
I noticed a mention that Adama destroying the ship seemed like very honest emotion. Apparently that was the case, as it was not scripted, and the ship that Edward James Olmos destroyed on the spur of the moment was a museum quality piece they had been renting, and was worth several hundred thousand dollars.
Heh. Whoops. I can just imagine the expression on the prop master's face when that happened.

Mallus

Legend
GlassJaw said:
I'm rooting for Baltar.
So am I. Baltar's got moxie. He has the greatest strength in his convictions out of all the characters on the show. Of course, those convictions are 'self-preservation', and 'convince self of the righteousness of his actions'.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Mallus said:
So am I. Baltar's got moxie. He has the greatest strength in his convictions out of all the characters on the show. Of course, those convictions are 'self-preservation', and 'convince self of the righteousness of his actions'.

Chaotic Neutral? :D

Remove ads