• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--3/11/07--Arc 17(18?)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
[imagel]http://galacticastation.com/Gallery/Episode/se3/300/317.gif[/imagel]

The Son Also Rises

# Original airdate:3.11.07
# Production Number: 318 (at this point, I got 2 conflicted sites with these numbers)
# Executive Producers: R.D. Moore, David Eick
# Co-Executive Producer: Paul Leonard
# Producer: Harvey Frand
# Associate Producer: Trisha Brunner
# Written by:
# Directed by:

Starring: Mary McDonnell, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park

Co-Starring: Michael Hogan, Alessandro Juliani, Tahmoh Penikett, Kandyse McClure, Aaron Douglas, Nicki Clyne.

Lee and Anders will, of course, be in mourning. Anders can't quite believe Starbuck is really dead. Lee begins to move on and starts to try to patch things with Dee. The beginnings of Baltar's trial.​

Last edited:

Sir Brennen

Legend
Dark Psion said:
See what happens when you max out your Sense Motive & Bluff skills?
Pretty high Sleight of Hand on the guy, too!

Baltar has a rock-star lawyer, possibly with a level of self-interest to match his own. Awesome.

Well now it looks like Baltar has more of a chance of surviving his trial, though there's still going to be a bunch of problems ahead from whatever comes out of this.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
I guess they choose the most annoying characters as defense lawyers. :D

I can't stand the guy. The voice, the attitude, he has an agenda. Guess he was cast right. :D

Is it me, or has Jamie Bamber's acting degraded somewhat? He seems to have overdone some "emotional" parts, and when he opens up to the lawyer it felt a bit.... strange.

GlassJaw

Hero
Finally watched this episode tonight. Awesome. One of the best in a long time.

The actor that played the lawyer was awesome. He also benefited from some of the better writing in a while too. The only other actors on the show that could hang with him in their scenes were Baltar and Six, and even then he still carried the scene. He really outshined everyone else. I hope he sticks around.

I also really like the overall cinematography and editing of this show. Lots of close-ups and interesting camera angles. I also liked that there were a lot of one-on-one senes this episode.

Steve Jung

Explorer
GlassJaw said:
The actor that played the lawyer was awesome. He also benefited from some of the better writing in a while too. The only other actors on the show that could hang with him in their scenes were Baltar and Six, and even then he still carried the scene. He really outshined everyone else. I hope he sticks around.
According to the podcast commentary, he will stay for at least a couple more episodes.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
GlassJaw said:
The actor that played the lawyer was awesome. He also benefited from some of the better writing in a while too.

Agreed. If the space battles are going to be few and far between, they will need more writing of this level to keep the show in high gear.

Remove ads