• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Darimaus

First Post
Bloodweaver1 said:
Gotta remember this game system is quit old and dates to AD&D.

/hijack

Darimus we are still waiting for you in No Man's Land. Obsidian is still waiting to form his army!

/hijack

-Blood

I'm working on it. Doing the combat part is easy, so i suppose I could have posted that before. But I made the mistake of doing the stuff where I has to look back over the last couple hundred posts and look for things and my head near exploded. When I get started again, I'll do the easy stuff first.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I believe that was the only one who did better than a 3,3. Someone might have gotten a 2,3 but that is all.

I thought so organization bought the rights to BattleTech and changed the rules to be more user friendly.... no?

-Blood

Darimaus

First Post
Bloodweaver1 said:
I believe that was the only one who did better than a 3,3. Someone might have gotten a 2,3 but that is all.

I thought so organization bought the rights to BattleTech and changed the rules to be more user friendly.... no?

-Blood

Probably, however I don't own the most recent version, so I wouldn't know myself.

Jemal

Adventurer
Dire Lemming said:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1212975
Dire Lemming said:
You said 1-2 was 4, 3-4 was 3, and 5-6 was 2. I rolled 2 for gunnery and 3 for piloting...

Yes, A 2 and a 3 was what you ROLLED, and you acknowledged also that you had seen the "1-2roll= score of 4, 3-4roll = score of 3, etc". Looking at you OWN quote there.. You rolled a 2 for gunnery. (1-2 was 4). You rolled a 3 for Piloting (3-4 was 3). B/c you rolled no 2, the 4 becomes a 3. Meaning you have 3, 3.

Also...
Oh god, don't tell me this is another AD&D AC thing! Why can't people learn to count forwards?!
Um.. No, it's not. Think of D&D stats in 3.5: 12-13, = +1, 14-15=+2, 16-17=+4, 18=+5
The higher you roll, the better your mod.

I don't see how it's confusing at all...

Also,
bloodweaver1 said:
I got 2,3(i think..or was it 2,4?). Darimaus has my rolls.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yes Jemal, that's all been cleared up already. Pay attention. :]

I was talking about 2nd edition AD&D where lower AC was better, and they used a stat called THAC0 (To Hit AC 0) to determine to hit rolls.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Is there anything that Caros, Jemal and I can do while we wait for the outcome of the other five trials? Is there some kind of setup or intro phase (besides the trials) that is needed and we can fill? Just trying to use my eargness in a positive way :confused: :D

-Blood

Fenris2

First Post
moving brother allard away discussion here to ooc...

Darimaus, it is tempting to seperate it, the only issue comes up if, and that is a big if, Ramone manages to bag his three mechs... then what? He is kinda stuck with no more to go for in that case no?

Ramone for sure won't start a melee before then though... Maybe we run it as far as Ramone gets... Which we have no clue on. Then, if he gets so lucky as to bag three, worry about Allard playing catchup before continuing or whatever. Given the odds of getting 3 are pretty low, heck it may not even come to needing to sync.

Arkhandus

First Post
You could always try attacking the other rookie pilot that is in the Trial with you at the same time, and try to take him down to score a fourth 'kill'. :] :uhoh: :heh: It happens! Sometimes. (it is how Marthe Pryde won an easy starting rank, by shooting her sibkin Aidan in the back while he thought he could trust her, and he was preoccupied with fighting one of the trainers' 'Mechs....)

Dire Lemming

First Post
I'm not entirely sure I trust my trial partner. Also, I don't entirely trust the way rank seems to be based solely on luck and willingness to betray your allies. :uhoh:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads