• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Jemal

Adventurer
I have two options for you without looking at the map.

Cover.
More cover.

OK, so it's just one option.. but two different ways you could go about it.

Can you get behind a hill or into some dense trees where he CAN'T shoot you? I'm willing to bet he'd come to you, trying to finish you off, and then when you're in close range you can try to come out into the open and hope you blast him.

Arkhandus

First Post
Yeah, I'll probably waste another round backing up for more cover and wait around a bit longer before I consider trying to run around to attack him from a different angle....

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, I think I'm out. I mean, out of the game. Playing clanners is just not much fun. They're idiots. And now I have to learn a bunch of new rules and do all these intricate rolls for rules I still don't understand. It was interesting, but the work to fun ratio just isn't favorable.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Arkhandus, one thing re: your IC problem.
As far as I know, You automatically eject on anything but a head-shot, meaning the only way your pilot dies is from head-shot. Torso going critical, being shot out, etc, only mean your Mech's down.
Even then, though, I would've done the same thing in your situation. A good warrior knows when to stop fighting.

Dire Lemming : :( sorry to hear that, I'm enjoying it. The Clans ARE a bit less-than-tactical in relation to what most of us Strategy-gamers are used to, but Clan Wolf has managed to at least partly remove the stick from their butts. I'm looking forward to kicking some inner-sphere ass.

Darimaus - I'm SO in the Grand Melee. HAH, and Caros thought he had me beat. I get my second chance. :D I also get to show the Freebirth my 1337 Skills.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
That's putting it lightly, I'm terrible at strategy games and I still consider their concept of tactics idiotic. I suppose I shouldn't say that it wasn't fun. But with all this new work I have to do for it I don't see it being fun in the future. It's not even fun to roleplay them since they're all born and raised the exact same way. Any significant variation feels wrong.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads