Battletech with D20

Aussiegamer

First Post
sorry for high-jacking topic :\

In general it's a very good system IMO, the overpenetration rules for AP bleeding out into area damage may need some tweaking. The last time I checked them they were based purely on AP. Its a good mechanic but might improve from taking the overall damage of the weapon into account as well as AP.

can you contact me at rpgprojects and discuss there? or would you prefer to start a new topic here?

Would like to discuss in more depth to get the idea you are talking about, i know battletech had rules for such things, just need to understand the slant to mine :)

And yes the new mechanics will be time consuming, more for creatures any way, as the vehicle stuff will remain the same.

Roudi

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Who wouldn't love to tweak with the rules these day? ;)
Me! I've become quite the lazy gamer. Don't have time to tweak to my heart's content, especially if I'm not getting paid for it!

Seriously, those bills are piling up.

IcyCool

First Post
Any particular reason you can't use the actual BattleTech rules Devyn? Failing that, take a look at the "dueling" rules they included with the Solaris 7 boxed set.

Roudi

First Post
You've got to be pulling my leg if you think rewriting the rules for the games you pay good money for is an essential part of this hobby.

kingpaul

First Post
Roudi said:
You've got to be pulling my leg if you think rewriting the rules for the games you pay good money for is an essential part of this hobby.
Essential, no. But it can be fun to try twist the rules to see how it works.

Roudi

First Post
Right, it can be fun. I agree, and there was a time when I enjoyed tweaking and rewriting the rules to match my ideas.

But to be told that, if I don't enjoy this, that I'm in the wrong hobby? Come on.

Ranger REG

Explorer
IcyCool said:
Any particular reason you can't use the actual BattleTech rules Devyn?
You can. You might have to change 'Mech weapon damage stats to fit with the known d20 system scale, unless you want to provide a different damage & health system.

Remove ads