D&D General Beadle & Grimm’s Premium Boxed Sets

fjw70

Adventurer
The battlemats would probably be the highlight for me. The minis would be nice but for Spelljammer I have a bunch of those already.

How many ship battle maps are there? I think I saw the living ship, the moth ship and the hammerhead.

I appreciate the answers.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
The battlemats would probably be the highlight for me. The minis would be nice but for Spelljammer I have a bunch of those already.

How many ship battle maps are there? I think I saw the living ship, the moth ship and the hammerhead.

I appreciate the answers.

The ships that have full-color, scaled battle maps are the Star Moth, Living Ship, and Hammerhead Ship.

There are 16 other ship maps, but none of those are scaled as battle maps. They are 8.5 x 11 maps, each on separate laminated sheets - same monochrome maps as the regular book.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
One thing to add about the Spelljammer box: all of the B&G boxes come with about 4 extra encounters or mini-adventures to add to the adventure. For the most part, I don't find these necessary, as the WotC adventures are quite long enough, and stuff I add to them is likely to be totally personalized to the PCs, not just additional side quests. However, the extra mini-adventures in the B&G box are all set on the Rock of Bral and balanced for different levels, and imo they are really helpful in enhancing and fleshing out the Rock of Bral, which is otherwise kind of underwritten for such an important place.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I also got the platinum Spelljammer. It’s my first Beedle and Grimm set. Burnside has summarized it well. My biggest wish is that there was some improved way to store everything rather than inside the foam-filled box it came in because it would improve getting at it!

darjr

I crit!
One thing to add about the Spelljammer box: all of the B&G boxes come with about 4 extra encounters or mini-adventures to add to the adventure. For the most part, I don't find these necessary, as the WotC adventures are quite long enough, and stuff I add to them is likely to be totally personalized to the PCs, not just additional side quests. However, the extra mini-adventures in the B&G box are all set on the Rock of Bral and balanced for different levels, and imo they are really helpful in enhancing and fleshing out the Rock of Bral, which is otherwise kind of underwritten for such an important place.
Well dang. That’s the one thing I’ve really wanted.

Remove ads