• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beauty and the Geek

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Ranger REG said:
The fact that she also look like a bettie makes you wonder if her grades are based on merit or getting them male teachers horny.
Doesn't make me wonder at all. The girl's gotten three correct answers at least the last two elimination challenges (not sure about the previous two.) She obviously knows how to study.

As far as Chuck is concerned, I don't think he's a prick, simply because Richard has stated straight out that he spends a lot of time trying to piss Chuck off. This isn't a "poor Richard" situation. He's reaping the rewards of his own goading.

John Crichton

First Post
Lord Pendragon said:
Doesn't make me wonder at all. The girl's gotten three correct answers at least the last two elimination challenges (not sure about the previous two.) She obviously knows how to study.
She hasn't missed a single question in 3 challenges in a row. She's the damn terminator. She got 2 right that I didn't know. Color me impressed. Without her Richard is gone 3 eps ago.

Since the last challenge comes down to an elimination room I'll put my money on Mindy/Richard. Chuck will crack.

ruaalien2

First Post
Ranger REG said:
To me, a sorority girl is college version of the popular girls in high school who seems to be in every social-based extracurricular activity group as well as the Honors Society/Club. The fact that she also look like a bettie makes you wonder if her grades are based on merit or getting them male teachers horny.

Yes, that is what it is to you, and most people outside of the Greek system. Talking now purely from a Greek standpoint, being a "sorority girl" is so much more then partying.

First of all, at most large schools, esp. in the South and Midwest, there is a high GPA requirment to even go through recruitment. She goes to The University of Mississippi, where she is an Alpha Delta Pi. Ole Miss has one of the hardest, most competive rushs in the country, with a GPA of at least a 3.0 to rush. I am having trouble opening up the pdf file to double check the exact GPA along with ADPi's requirment, as most sororities requirments are higher then the minimum.

Besides for this, each sister is required to take part in things like community service and scholarship activities, or they are banned from mixers and assorted other parties. It takes a lot more then good looks to get into a sorority.

Yes, I am a sorority girl who takes offense to the typical mark on a girl just because she is in a sorority, which is one reason that I am not happy that is what they titled Mindi as. If you've been watching the show, you know as BrooklynKnight has mentioned that it's because of her that they have been able to survive three weeks in the elimantion room. I seriously think that she and Richard will wind up as the winners, but I could be wrong.

Fast Learner

First Post
That was certainly my point. I know that women who are in sororities and men who are in fraternities are often judged as pure party people. And when I was in college (wasn't Greek), there's no doubt that some of the heaviest partiers were the sisters and the brothers.

BUT, they were also usually the absolute best students, with excellent grades.

Mindy is smart, and either made it on the show sneakily ("ohmigod!") or is an intentional plant by the producers.

Ranger REG

Explorer
BrooklynKnight said:
I dunno man. The fact that Mindy has carried her team to victory all 3 times shows that she's more intelligent then she appears.
She's probably one of the sorority girls that does the other sorority's girl's homeworks while they're out catching frat boys. ;)

I know it is not necessarily true, but that's the common outlook they have.

And yes, Chuck underestimated Richard's partner, Mindy.

Sighs. I missed Krystal the well-endowed dancer. :(

ddvmor said:
Heh. On the other hand, you're happy to post on a surly Brit's message board! Beware the snide remarks!

...oops... too late! ;)
Morris is a Brit? Well, at least he doesn't go around insulting us.... and how can anyone who plays D&D be surly? We're such a happy likeable bunch...

Ranger REG

Explorer
Fast Learner said:
Mindy is smart, and either made it on the show sneakily ("ohmigod!") or is an intentional plant by the producers.
If it is an intentional plant, then this reality game show that is offering the winners $250,000 is fixed from the beginning.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
No, I doubt she's a plant. But, hot blond sorority girl usually does illicit the "heh she's a partygoing ditz" as it has above.

If she's not a plant, maybe she's an outsider?

Remove ads