• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Behold! The Khaargites!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
These guys came, in a roundabout way, from my attempts at populating Pandemonium (some of which have appeared on these boards). Since the bottom layer of Pandemonium has a lot of things that powers don't want found, I thought, "how about other powers...?" And so I created Khaargas, and thought of a few servitor beasties. And the khaargites, ladies and gentlemen, are the product of this effort.

Enough with the exposition, on with the show!

Khaargite
Medium Monstrous Humanoid

Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (19 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30ft (6 squares), climb 20ft
Armor Class: 15 (+1 Dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+5
Attack: Claw +5 melee (1d4+2) or scimitar +5 melee (1d6+2, 18-20x2)
Full Attack: 2 claws +5 melee (1d4+2) and bite +3 melee (1d6+1 plus poison) or scimitar +5 melee (1d6+2, 18-20x2), claw +3 melee (1d4+1) and bite +3 melee (1d6+1 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Poison
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, immunity to poison, resistance to acid 10
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +10, Listen +3, Spot +3
Feats: Improved Initiative, Multiattack
Environment: Warm deserts and underground
Organization: Solitary, pair, band (3-8 plus 1 3rd level captain) or hive (10-40, plus 1 3rd level captain per 5 adults, 1 6th level chief, 1 4th level sorcerer-priest per 15 adults, 150% noncombatants, and 1-4 monstrous centipedes)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +4

This strange thin humanoid is covered in tan chitin instead of skin and has two rows of twitching, leg-like appendages growing from its back. Its arms have more joints than those of a human, and end in taloned fingers. Its head is that of a monstrous centipede, with a fanged mouth situated behind the mandibles.

Khaargites are violent desert scavengers created by a long-dead demon prince.

Ancient legends, rarely heard outside khaargite hives and esoteric drow religious orders, tell of the eternal enmity between Khaargas, Lord of Vermin, and Lolth the Spider Queen. Although Lolth won their final battle, sundering Khaargas apart and scattering his corpse throughout Pandemonium, many of Khaargas’ creations live on, including the bebiliths, remorhazes and khaargites. The khaargites were created to be shock troops in the war between the powerful demons and to spread chaos on the material planes. Although most khaargite tribes have lost sight of this first goal, and hold drow in no more contempt than the rest of sentient life (which is still quite a bit), they all excel at the second.

A khaargite stands 7 feet tall and weighs up to 175 pounds. They prefer warm climes, and often make a living as bandits, raiding desert caravans for food and treasure. They are carnivorous, preferring the flesh of humanoids over all others. They keep giant centipedes as pets, and worship the great megapedes of the sands as living incarnations of Khaargas. Khaargites speak a debased form of Abyssal- a speaker of Abyssal must succeed a Wisdom check (DC 10) to understand the Khaargish dialect.

Combat
Khaargites prefer to attack with overwhelming numbers. Some tribes favor ambush, but many like to allow their prey the glorious fear of certain doom before the khaargites strike. Although khaargites can and sometimes do use weaponry, most prefer to fight with mandible and claw.

Poison (Ex): The poison of a khaargite causes painful muscle spasms and fatigue. Fortitude DC 13 negates, initial damage 1d6 Dex, secondary damage 1d6 Dex. The save DC is Constitution based.

Khaargite Society
Khaargite hives are ruled by the strongest member, usually a barbarian. A hive is a violent and brutal place, and fights for dominance are common and often fatal. Khaargites breed early and often, assuming adult form and becoming fertile within 9 months of birth. The majority of khaargite larvae don’t live to this point, however, being killed by other larvae or even hungry adults. Khaargites worship no god but the dead Khaargas, and Khaargas cannot gain divine spells. Sorcerers are therefore the religious focus of a hive, and sorcerer-priests are highly respected, if not allowed to actually rule.

Khaargite Characters
The favored class for khaargites is barbarian, and most khaargites with class levels are barbarians.

Comments and the like are always appreciated,
Demiurge out.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I haven't statted up Khaargas, but I might be inclined to. But first, I'd have to finish the spawn of Khaargas, his greater servitors who roam Pandemonium trying to reassemble their lord.

Demiurge out.

pyrobob

First Post
Ah, working from the bottom up? lol I will be waiting with baited breath (I agree that Pandemonium is looking empty lately)

demiurge1138 said:
I haven't statted up Khaargas, but I might be inclined to. But first, I'd have to finish the spawn of Khaargas, his greater servitors who roam Pandemonium trying to reassemble their lord.

Demiurge out.

Last edited:

Remove ads