• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Berdusk decided to relocate for HotDQ?

grungydan

First Post
So just about every map of the Western Heartlands prior to the HotDQ book's Sword Coast map shows that Berdusk is northeast of Greenest, beyond the fork in the road that would lead you either north/northwest to Elturel or east/northeast to Berdusk, then Asbravn.

In the HotDQ book, however, Berdusk is firmly on the road between Greenest and Elturel.

Is this just another effect of having farmed out the production of HotDQ?

Berdusk doesn't seem to play a part in the adventure really, but I'm using it in a player's side-story. I'll just be ignoring the map in the HotDQ book, but I was curious as to whether anyone else had noticed.

S_Dalsgaard

First Post
It does seem to have been moved a bit. What threw me off with the HotDQ map is, that it isn't actually oriented exactly north/south, but has been turned a bit, making the coast seem almost straight north/south aligned. Before I noticed the compass being slightly off, I thought they had made a full redesign of the coast.

Otherwise I think the new map is one of the most gorgeous FR maps I have seen.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The roads have changed since they were last drawn (Greenest was last pictured in a 3E map, 100+ years before in any case), and there are slight repositionings of all the towns on the map. It's less than what happened between 2E and 3E when they redesigned everything in a big way.

Cheers!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads