• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Encounter Power Ever?

FrozenChrono

First Post
I'm curious what peoples thoughts are on a level 11 encounter attack power that does the following:

Hit:
2d8 + mod damage (+ a likely 2d6 extra damage)
teleports the target 5 squares,
has that target attack a secondary target with a basic attack
Effect: Dazes the original target til the end of it's next turn.

Is it overpowered?

What do you think about the daze as an effect?

Victim

First Post
It's from the Feytouched Warlock path. Will of the Feywild is a solid power. OTOH, you have to be feytouched warlock...

FrozenChrono

First Post
I left out where it was from on purpose because I was curious what people would think it was for.

I've been playing 4.0 since it came out and this power surprised me. I couldn't believe I never noticed it before. Decent damage, great on hit effect but then daze as an effect even if you miss seems to go against what they've based encounter powers around.

mkill

Adventurer
We're talking about Will of the Feywild, 11th level encounter attack power of the Feytouched PP. All I can say is that Feytouched is crazy good.

Flipguarder

First Post
I'm the DM of Frozen's game and the person with feytouched just joined. After seeing it in use, I have decided to give him several options

1. Lose the Daze and make the teleport-enemy melee attack an effect.
2. lose the teleport altogether, everything else works the same. If the monster doesn't have a preferable target within reach, he doesn't have to make it attack.
3. lose the monster attack, everything else works the same.

Thoughts?

mkill

Adventurer
I'm the DM of Frozen's game and the person with feytouched just joined. After seeing it in use, I have decided to give him several options

1. Lose the Daze and make the teleport-enemy melee attack an effect.
2. lose the teleport altogether, everything else works the same. If the monster doesn't have a preferable target within reach, he doesn't have to make it attack.
3. lose the monster attack, everything else works the same.

Grow some DM balls and roll with it. C'mon, it's daze UENT, once per encounter. Your monster might lose an attack, if it can't charge. Oh noes, maybe they even kill it one round faster.

I mean, hey, it's a good power, but it's hardly an "I WIN" card.

Demosthenes

First Post
I'm the Feytouched Warlock in Flipguarder's campaign, and the option presented by him that I ended up going with was this:

Hit: 2d8 + Charisma modifier damage. You teleport the target 5 squares, and force it to make a basic attack against a target of your choice. If the target's forced attack misses, the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

This makes the attack completely useless if I miss, although i have Sacrifice to Caiphon as a feat, so I could recover the power by inflicting 15 damage to myself.

The first time I used this it had the best possible outcome which is kind of why it came up. I hit a solo brute, dealt near max damage, also dealt my curse damage, then teleported him to attack a creature with an aura that deals 5 damage to anyone who attempts to attack it, and the attack also hit.

Me, Flipguarder and Frozen all talked about the power a bit, and decided that it was probably balanced to make up for the entirely underwhelming nature of Patron's Favor which is the level 16 Paragon feature of the Feytouched path.

However, this isn't as large of an issue for me because I picked up Twofold-Pact and also have the Dark Pact Boon.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads