• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best scene in a movie

Sarigar

First Post
What is the best movie sequence you have seen? This can be a scene that made a movie (pie scene in American Pie), or just one scene out of a really good movie that moved you.

One from recent years for me (and one that opened up a whole new genre of film) was in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon when Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Ziyi start floating over the rooftops in their chase/fight sequence.

Dark Jezter

First Post
My favorite scenes from various movies I love:

Conan the Barbarian: Conan's prayer to Crom and the battle of the mounds. "Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad, why we fought and why we died. No, all that matters it that today two stood against many, thats what's important. Valor pleases you, Crom, so grant me one request: grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!"

Empire Strikes Back: "No, Luke. I am your father."

The Matrix: Neo vs. Smith in the subway.

The Fellowship of the Ring: Mines of Moria sequence.

The Two Towers: Battle of Helm's Deep.

The Return of the King: The charge of the Rohirrim at Pelinor Fields.

The 13th Warrior: The heroes are outnumbered and their situation looks hopeless, when a dying Buliwyf emerges from the great hall, take up his sword, and starts reciting the viking prayer... "Lo there do I see my father, lo there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me and bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever." (I still get cold chills every time I see this scene)

Last edited:

VirgilCaine

First Post
Ghost Dog, Way of the Samurai.

I think that the scene in Ghost Dog, Way of the Samurai, where he is going through the house shooting all of the gangsters, really shows how people do not value their lives [and how lucky Ghost Dog was--pistols are notvery powerful]. A few hundred dollars worth of body armor for each of them would have totally defeated Ghsot Dog's small-caliber rampage.
[IIRC, all he made were chest shots. Head shots, I can understand a single shot, but chest shots are not nearly as fatal I would think.

Now, the scene with the bear hunters, that was a good scene.

It wasn't their bear [on their property] and the likelihood of it being a man-eater when there are so few around is non-existent, and so there was no reason to kill the bear.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Some of my favorite scenes of all time, in no paticuallir order:

1. Return of the King: near the end: "My Friends, you bow for no one"
2. Pulp Fiction: Jules Winfield (Samuel L. Jackson) Talking down the robber.
3. Princess Bride: The duel.
4. Pirates of the Caribebean: Jack Sparrows entrance.
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark: Indy shooting the guy with the swords.

Last edited:

TracerBullet42

First Post
I'm going to go with X-2...

The opening sequence with Nightcrawler in the White House was flawless. I don't think I breathed through the entire thing the first time I saw it in the theater.

And a fav moment later in that movie is when Magneto "collects" the pins from all those grenades...you just can't help but smile at that.

Sarigar

First Post
When I was four or five I watched Silent Running on TV and I was emotionally shaken when I found out the robots were once people. Still recovering from that.

shilsen

Adventurer
Dark Jezter said:
The 13th Warrior: The heroes are outnumbered and their situation looks hopeless, when a dying Buliwyf emerges from the great hall, take up his sword, and starts reciting the viking prayer... "Lo there do I see my father, lo there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me and bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever." (I still get cold chills every time I see this scene)

Oh yeah! It's a fun movie and I've watched it a couple of times, but that scene is just incredible.

Uzumaki

First Post
Tremors - When Burt and Heather open serious fire on the worm that crashes through their bunker
Independence Day - Aliens blow up the cities
CT,HD - Jen throws down in that restaurant
Metropolis (2001) - The Ziggurat is destroyed
Sen to Chihiro no Kamakushi (Spirited Away) - Haku remembers his name
ROTK - when everyone bows to the hobbits
Return of the Living Dead - Tarman gets his head knocked off with a bat

Ferret

Explorer
In finding nemo when the blue fish shouts out "Escapé!"

The nightcrawler scene.

The Scene where Aragorn confronts the ghosts.

Some more I might fill in later when I remember them.

Ozu's Tokyo Story - The entire thing.

Pink Flamingos - The female "flasher" in the park--simply hysterical.

Psycho - the original. The shower scene.

A Clockwork Orange - the first "Singin' in the Rain" scene. Really sick.

Night of the Living Dead - the original - the beginning ("They're coming to get you, Barbara").

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Frank N. Furter throwing off the cape--one of the funniest entrances in cinema history.

Remove ads