Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The group moves through the city like ghosts... to the actual ghosts.

Even though they are most of the way across, aside from a random scattering of ravens that seem a bit stirred up, the dead aren't even aware the group is there.

As he leads them on his "long route" Yishim discovers a small hidden temple to the goddess, with a hidden stash of statues, a diamond that seems to have broken into several pieces, a decent sized pile of gold, a few crystal spheres like the ones the goddess gave your but smaller, and a black, faintly pulsing orb...

OOC: You guys were 2 points from the "Miracle" result. If someone wants to spend an Action Point now and can get 2 points or more, I'll put it towards this last round because the Miracle result is... useful. If someone is going to do this, no one roll for round 3 yet since it will change your bonuses and stuff.

[sblock=Skill Challenge]Objective: Make your way across the city as quickly and quietly as you can. The dead are everywhere, but if you are careful, you might avoid notice until you reach the Hungerer's Warrens. If not, the whole city could be on top of you.

Rounds: 3

Round 2 Results:
Fredrock: Endurance 32(second round used) - 3 Points, +2 to next round's skill check
Eithal: Athletics 23(second round used) - 2 Points, +1 to next round's skill check
Toeto: Perception 23 - 2 Points, +1 to next round's skill check
Yishim: Arcana 29 - 3 Points, AP: History 27 - 3 Points, +2 to next round's skill check
Kaz: Stealth 29 - 3 Points, +2 to next round's skill check
Scarn: Bluff 33 - 3 Points, +2 to next round's skill check

Note: Repeating the same skill check imposes a cumulative -2 penalty to the check

Round Total: 17 Points - 3 Victory Points and Miracle: +3 to all future checks in the skill challenge(already includes last round's bonus), each member of the group may reroll any one check in the next round, taking the second result. Treasure discovered.

[sblock=Treasure]200gp
6 statues (250)
3 gem (100)
2 Healing Potions
3 Lesser Radiant Orbs(see below)
[sblock=Radiant Orb power]Power(Consumable - Radiant): Standard Action. Make an attack. Area burst 1 within 10, +10 vs Reflex; on a hit deal 1d8 radiant damage; on a miss deal half damage.[/sblock]
Orb of Insurmountable Force +2(Level 8)[/sblock]

Challenge Total: 5 Points

Individual Skill DCs:
15-: 0 points, -2 to next round's skill check
16-20: 1 point, -1 to next round's skill check
21-25: 2 points, +1 to next round's skill check
26+: 3 points, +2 to the next round's skill check
Natural 1: -1 point, lose a healing surge to the mists
Natural 20: +1 point, find treasure in the ruins

Required Check: Before you make your primary check, this round you must make either a Stealth(avoid notice) or Religion(using the power of the goddess to mask you) check, applying the roll result against the Required Skill Chart in sblocks below as a modifier to your primary roll. If your primary check is also Stealth or Religion, it is not penalized by this required roll.

[sblock=Required Stealth/Religion roll result]
15-: 0 points, -4 to the following skill check
16-20: 1 point, -2 to the following skill check
21-25: 2 points, +1 to the following skill check
26+: 3 points, +2 to the following skill check
Natural 1: lose a healing surge to the mists
Natural 20: gain an additional +2 to this round's skill check[/sblock]

Round Totals(6 PCs):
0-5 total points: 0 victory points and Disaster
6-11 total points: 1 victory point and Complication
12-17 total points: 2 victory points and Advantage
18+ total points: 3 victory points and Miracle

Victory Points: Individual round totals will determine progress and impediments to crossing the city. Final totals will determine the final result of the skill challenge.

Final Victory Point Totals
0-1 total points: Disaster
2-4 total points: Complication
5-7 total points: Advantage
8+ total points: Miracle

[sblock=Roll Options]Action Points: An action point may be used to roll an additional skill check in a round, though it must be different than the original check.
Aid Another: You may take -4 on a skill check to grant someone else a reroll.
Heroic Effort: You may spend a healing surge before a roll to gain +3 on the roll or after the roll to gain a +1.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Hmm. I might have Scarm use an AP, assuming that the -2 modifier he got from his compulsory Stealth check does not apply to whatever he does with the AP (Bluff most likely).

Mewness

First Post
OOC: I think I'll pass, then. Someone who didn't flub that check can probably get a better bonus if they want to go for it.

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: Since it has to be a different skill..hmm. I have an 11 insight + 1 (group progress bonus) -2 (religion check penalty)...so a +10. would need a 11 (50/50) or better...oh, can I use heroic effort twice in a round?...if so, I could get it down to a 8 or better

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Since it has to be a different skill..hmm. I have an 11 insight + 1 (group progress bonus) -2 (religion check penalty)...so a +10. would need a 11 (50/50) or better...oh, can I use heroic effort twice in a round?...if so, I could get it down to a 8 or better

GM: Additional options may only be used once per roll(Aid Another, Heroic Effort, etc)

OOC: I'll do the second check, using an AP. I think I get at least the +1 group and +2 from prior round. I won't apply the +2 from my Religion/Stealth check. Iron Sky, modify as necessary.

Yishim whispers to the group: I've seen a map of a town like this before, while researching in the libraries of Daunton. I didn't see the connection until just now, but it's as clear as day to me.

He leads the group on a slightly circuitous route through the city. As they look back on the straightline path they veered off, Scarm and Fredrock see they only just missed passing through a public square infested with undead.

[sblock=History Check]
History (1d20+15=25)[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Question, when you say "+3 to all future checks in the skill challenge(including last round's bonus)" does that mean by "including last round's bonus"? :)

Remove ads