• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: If Kaz uses perception again, does he get -2 since he used it 1st round? Also, would he get -2 for stealth for his required check since he used it last round for his primary check?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: If Kaz uses perception again, does he get -2 since he used it 1st round? Also, would he get -2 for stealth for his required check since he used it last round for his primary check?

GM: Only using skills in consecutive rounds incurs a penalty(currently, I've considered having it be for the whole challenge, but that requires much more bookkeeping.

Required checks are not reduced by repetition.

Xeterog

Explorer
Fredrock keeps up the fast pace, relying on the power of the goddess to see him thru this ordeal
[sblock=checks]
Required Religion: +4, Heroic Effort +3, Round bonus +3
Endurance +15 - 4 (2 rounds consecutive) +2 last round check, +3 Round Bonus, +2 religion result
[/sblock]
[sblock=Fredrock]

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 5
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +21 Senses: Low-Light
Init +1, Speed:5
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:17, Will:19
HP 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:10/13
Action Points: 1/1, Power points 4/4
Powers-
Blurred Step link
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
:melee:Beckoning Strike link
:melee:Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +11 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA +1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Treasure]200gp
6 statues (250)
3 gem (100)
2 Healing Potions
3 Lesser Radiant Orbs(see below)
[sblock=Radiant Orb power]Power(Consumable - Radiant): Standard Action. Make an attack. Area burst 1 within 10, +10 vs Reflex; on a hit deal 1d8 radiant damage; on a miss deal half damage.[/sblock]
Orb of Insurmountable Force +2(Level 8)[/sblock]
OOC: Toeto will take one of the lesser radiant orbs. I don't have much in the way of radiant damage, and my standard actions tend to be less important than my minor actions.
Congrats on the wishlist-orb, Yishim.

This is the final round, yes? Round 3 of 3. Better use my encounter power!

The soil in these ruins is truly barren, as if salted and incapable of supporting anything more than shriveled weeds. Toeto kneels beside one such plant, grasps it with a feather touch, and whispers incoherently it. For a moment, the struggling weed appears to be in the prime of its life, painted a lush green and sprouting yellow dandelions. But only for a moment. It sags immediately to the ground with all traces of vitality gone, as if the plant itself is in despair.

Toeto stands and points deeper into the ruins. "The corruption... it is worst, o-over there." The lizardfolk hesitates until she is at the rear of the party, almost not wanting to continue any further. But waiting by herself would be even more frightening, so she hurries to catch up.

[sblock=rolls]Stealth: Stealth (1d20+6=22). I included the +3 for the miracle ("all future checks"), but not the +1 from last round ("next round's skill check"). Please adjust as needed.

Nature: Nature w/ Speak with Spirits (1d20+22=30). Includes +1 from stealth, +3 from miracle, +1 from last round, +4 from Speak with Spirits encounter power.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz runs through the ruins, quick and stealthy. He finds the best path for his companions, using his keen eyesight and hearing. Pointing out obstacles and safe routes for everyone.

[sblock=checks]
Does the +5 apply to the required check? If so:

Stealth= 27
Perception=31
[/sblock]

Well, this is no worthless bauble at all. My arcane powers will be magnified through this orb. Toeto, please take more than just one of the radiant orbs. They are better in your hands than many of ours.

Yishim draws upon his knowledge of religious rituals and the undead to continue to guide the group through the creatures.
[sblock=Rolls]
Religion (1d20+15=23) includes +3 from miracle
Can I do Religion as my main check? If so: Religion (1d20+16=24)[/sblock]
[sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 5
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:19, Will:18, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:37/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Heroic Effort, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Orb of Insurmountable Force, Brooch of Shielding
Other: Deathwalker's Boon, Resplendent Gloves[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione continues his expert distractions: perhaps he can lead the dead around in circles, and get them into a trap of his own...

"Wait." says Fredrock's voice. "We've gotten turned around."

"Not so, Fredrock-san. It is just beyond that building..."

"But we have seen that before--" says Toeto's voice, worriedly.

Here there is a cacophony of tense mutterings. "Well ah don't know," says Eithal's voice. "Ah'm followin' yew."

"I see the mistake. We'll just turn around and go--"

"Turn around! Are you quite sure you know what you're doing?"

"Of course I--must you be so argumentative?"

"I should say so, after traipsing around this odiferous ruin for an hour or more--"

And the argument continues, the party apparently having become hopelessly lost.

[sblock=checks]Required Stealth: 1d20+13+3=33

Bluff: 1d20+16+3-2+2=39 natural 20.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Somehow, against all odds, the group makes its way through the unknown ruins of a vast, ancient city plagued with hundreds, if not thousands of undead of all types. Not only does the group make it through, but the few dead that are aware of intruders in the city are sent wandering off in the wrong direction.

As Scarm leads a few more observant dead off through the city, he ducks into ancient library and, as long as he's hiding out for a moment, looks around. There he finds a stash of gold, a pair of sturdy bracers, a thick armored cloak, and a twisted black staff carved with runes of power. Even more importantly, he finds some ancient but semi-legible maps of the city and the Warrens.

When he returns to the group, the party uses them to slip into the Warrens, slipping into secret entrances to avoid the massive gates guarded by dozens of long-haired, massive brutish creatures the group hasn't seen before and hundreds of the lesser dead. Before long, Scarm's maps and the goddess, through her statues, guides the group deep into the natural stone labyrinth of the Warrens, where a faint reddish glow from the cavern ahead draws the group's attention.

Inside, right in the group's path on the way to the dark temple at the Warren's center, is a small army of the dead amidst strange, unpleasant-looking luminescent red mushrooms anywhere from the size of a saucer to the size of a shield.

Beyond are more of the large shaggy brutes the group spotted from a distance at the gates, the creatures' skin branded with abhorrent black runes and covered with splotchy gray masses of thick hair which seems to wave on its own - which upon closer inspection it does, since it is actually masses of mottled, sharp-mouthed worms writing from the things' skin, some falling to the ground beside them and churning around their feet.

The dead are completely unaware of the party and discover the party only when the group launches their attack...

[sblock=Skill Challenge Results]
Round 3 Results:
Fredrock: Endurance 37 - 3 Points
Toeto: Nature 30 - 3 Points
Kaz: Perception 31 - 3 Points
Eithal: Athletics 32 - 3 Points
Yishim: Religion 24 - 2 Points
Scarn: Bluff 39(Natural 20) - 4 Points, Treasure discovered

Round Total: 18 Points - 3 Victory Points and Miracle, Treasure discovered.

[sblock=Treasure]530gp
2 x rubies, worth 100gp each
5 x ancient Warrens maps, worth 250gp just for their age
Iron Armbands of Power(Level 6) Kaz
Cloak of the Walking Wounded +2(Level 9) Fredrock
Accurate Staff of Ruin +2(Level 9) Scarm

Yay for unlocking treasure parcels mid-adventure instead of at the end![/sblock]

Challenge Total: 8 Points, Miracle. Everyone gets an extra AP. Treasure found. Combat completely avoided in the dead city. Combat avoided at the Warren gates. Goddess statues still work in Warrens. Surprise round and full readiness against dead in the Warrens.[/sblock]

Warrens Ambush, Surprise Round

GM: Roll initiative along with your surprise round standard action. We'll assume you have whatever you desire in hand at the start of the combat. You don't have a light-source(otherwise the dead wouldn't be surprised), so it's dim lighting unless someone makes some light.

[sblock=Combatants]Fredrock: E23
Eithal: E22
Kaz: D23
Toeto: E24
Scarm: D24
Yishim: C24

Rerisen Dead Mob 1: D14, grants CA
Rerisen Dead Mob 2: H19, grants CA
Rerisen Dead Mob: ?? Max HP, ?? AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, Resist ??, Vulnerable ??, MBA - ??

Rerisen Hungerer 1: I10, grants CA
Rerisen Hungerer 2: M13, grants CA
Rerisen Hungerer: ?? Max HP, ?? AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, Resist ??, Vulnerable ??, MBA - ??

Burrow Worms 1: I12, grants CA
Burrow Worms 2: K9, grants CA
Burrow Worms 3: L14, grants CA
Burrow Worms 4: N12, grants CA
Burrow Worms: ?? Max HP, ?? AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, Resist ??, Vulnerable ??, MBA - ??[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and Lighting]The mushrooms are difficult terrain, provide concealment, and produce dim light.

The rocky area around M17 is column of rock that goes to the ceiling.[/sblock]

Attachments

• WarrensRoundS.jpg
    WarrensRoundS.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 67

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Ayeeeeeeeeee!"
OOC: Initiative: 1d20+3=4

Invisible Castle was down. I rolled in Dice Room.

Nickname: H.M.Gimlord
Room Name: Beyond the Rerisen Tower

Dang! Forgot that I could roll here.

Standard: Charge to G20
Target: Mob 2
Attack: 1d20+12+2(CA)=18 vs. AC for 1d12+7=15 damage
In IC, I added the CA bonus to damage instead of attack by accident.

Eithal Lemindt Arehei! Mistress of the under-ten rolls!
[sblock=Ministats]Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 6
Initiative: +3
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 13; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 21; Fort: 19; Reflex: 13; Will: 15
HP: 71/71
Surge Value: 17; Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 1
At Will Powers:
:melee: Strength of Stone link
:melee: Thorn Strike link
:melee:Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Encounter Powers:
:melee: Grasping Winds link
:melee: Relentless Panther Attack
link
:close: Burst of Earth's Fury link
Stone's Endurance link
Warden's Tempest link
Second Wind

Daily Powers:
Form of the Relentless Panther link
Storm Strike link
Bear's Endurance link

Feats:

Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stone’s endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don’t include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn.

Courage of the Lone Stag: When you mark three or more enemies with Nature’s Wrath, you gain a +2 bonus to weapon damage rolls against creatures you mark until the start of your next turn. This bonus increases to +3 at 11th level, and to +4 at 21st level.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads