• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Toeto cracks a sunrod against the ground, drowning the area in bright light.

OOC: Started with totem and sunrod held. I activate the sunrod for the surprise action, which gives 20 squares radius of light (basically the whole place) for 4 hours. I'm still holding the sunrod for now, but I'll probably drop it next turn and draw my mace.

Mewness

First Post
"SQUAWK!" The area suddenly blazes with blue-white fire, and everyone gets an uncomfortable ringing in their ears...

[sblock=initiative, surprise action]Initiative 1d20+6=23.

Starting with new staff and new dagger in hand.

Blazing starfall centered on G18 (so it just catches Mob 2). Vs Reflex: 1d20+10=30 1d4+12=15. Crit die 1d10=2. 18 radiant area damage.

Zone from F17 to H19. Any enemy leaving the zone before EoNT takes 2 fire.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:19, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:44/44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 1
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Songmaster’s Boon (item)
Second Wind

Blinding Barrage
Thunder Leap
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions: phase of the moon

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: You can have Eithal take a standard action too H.M.

The Mobs have 14 Reflex and are vulnerable 5 burst/blast and 5 radiant (that attack did 28 damage total).

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Doesn't Fredrock has some shifting ability for first round? Or is that not usable on a surprise round? (Kaz could use it if nobody else needs it). Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yishim bursts into action, and black tentacles writhe under the Hungerer, Mob and a nearby worm. Each is grabbed, and finds it difficult to move forward.
[sblock=Actions]
Edit: Included CA in roll results and showed roll modifiers for complexity
Initiative: Initiative (1d20+6=23)

Surprise: Not sure if I have line of effect to H13, so retcon if necessary.

Enlarged Grasping Shadows centered on H13 vs. Will on Mob2, Worm1, Hungerer1 (1d20+10+2(CA)=13, 1d20+10+2(CA)=17, 1d20+10+2(CA)=24). Orb of Deception on Mob2 doesn't hit Will: Orb of Deception vs. Mob2 (1d20+10+2(Orb bonus)+2(CA)=20) hits. F11-J15 is writhing with tentacles, any creature that enters the zone is slowed and takes 5 psychic damage. Each creature will grant me CA until EONT (Phantom Echoes).

11 Damage not including vulnerability, and creatures are slowed. Rolls, forgot to subtract 2 for Enlarged[/sblock]
[sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 5
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:19, Will:18, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:37/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Heroic Effort, Grasping Shadows[//s], Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Orb of Insurmountable Force, Brooch of Shielding
Other: Deathwalker's Boon, Resplendent Gloves[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Mobs have 14 Will and 17 AC, Worms 15 Will, Hungerers 17 Will.

For everyone, if you have modifiers to your rolls (CA, Prone, etc) can you write them out separately when you're listing your attacks (I.E MBA: 1d20+8+2(CA)-2(Prone) etc so I can tell where your bonuses come from)?

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the treasure by the way! :)

This one hopes this is the last of these! Kaz shouts, charging the nearest mob of undead and slicing through some in one sweep of his axe.
[sblock=actions]
Rolls
Initiative = 21
Standard: Charge to G21 18+1(charge)=19, hit 11 damage.

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 5,
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Low Light
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:19
HP: 52/52, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +7 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Amulet of Life +1
Aspect of Might
Strength of Many
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.

If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)

Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: If someone doesn't have a neck item, I have a Amulet of Protection +1 now available for use

Fredrock assaults the closest mob with all his strength, the force of his hammer extends to engulf several of the mob.
[sblock=actions]
Initiative roll, +1 = 3
Surprise round Standard Action: Use 2 PP to :close:Bull's Strength as a blast 3, catching mob 2 in the blast, 28 I hope hits, for 22 total damage (vunerability added in)
(if it was already dead, then I'll just move 5 squares to G18)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Fredrock]

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 5
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +21 Senses: Low-Light
Init +1, Speed:5
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:18, Will:20
HP 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:1/13
Action Points: 2/2, Power points 2/4
Powers-
Blurred Step link
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
:melee:Beckoning Strike link
:melee:Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +11 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA +1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Warrens Ambush, Round 1

The group put down most of one group of the dead and several in the other before they even know the party is there. Some of the worms by one of the Hungerer's feet disappear into the tentacles Yishim summons and they grab onto some of the dead, impeding their movements.

GM: Anyone who starts their turn adjacent to one of the Mobs takes an MBA(swarm).

H.M. You didn't give Eithal her free level 5 expertise feat.

Also, don't forget you all have an extra AP from the final Miracle result on the skill challenge.

[sblock=Initiatives]Scarm: 23
Yishim: 23
Toeto: 22
Kaz: 21
Enemy: 17
Eithal: 4
Fredrock: 3

Everyone is up again except Eithal and Fredrock.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Fredrock: E23
Eithal: G20
Kaz: G21
Toeto: E24
Scarm: D24
Yishim: C24

Rerisen Dead Mob 1: D14, 62 damage taken, bloodied
Rerisen Dead Mob 2: H19, 16 damage taken, slowed, grants CA(Yishim only)
Rerisen Dead Mob: ?? Max HP, 17 AC, ?? Fort, 14 Ref, 14 Will, Resist 1/2 damage vs ranged/melee, Vulnerable 5 radiant, 5 burst/blast, MBA - +7 vs AC, 2d8+5 damage and pushed 1. Aura 1 - any creature that starts its turn in the aura takes an MBA from the Mob.

Rerisen Hungerer 1: I10, 11 damage taken, slowed, grants CA(Yishim only)
Rerisen Hungerer 2: M13
Rerisen Hungerer: ?? Max HP, ?? AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, 17 Will, Resist ??, Vulnerable ??, MBA - ??

Burrow Worms 2: K9
Burrow Worms 3: L14
Burrow Worms 4: N12
Burrow Worms: Minion, ?? AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, 15 Will, Resist ??, Vulnerable ??, MBA - ??
Burrow Worms destroyed: 1[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and Lighting]The mushrooms are difficult terrain, provide concealment, and produce dim light.

The rocky area around M17 is column of rock that goes to the ceiling.[/sblock]

Attachments

• WarrensRound0.jpg
    WarrensRound0.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Remove ads