• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BIG DAMN HEROES - a d20 Firefly Campaign [OOC]

Ferrix

Explorer
So my character's history and description is there. Reminiscent of Mal, I know, but his personality will have an interesting mix of Book and Inara as well, hopefully original enough.

Watus

First Post
Final Crew

Let me first say that the quality of the submissions for this game was far and above the level of my expectations. All of the characters felt like they belonged in the world of Firefly and would have more than earned their keep on any given ship. In the end, this decision was much more difficult that I had anticipated, and I struggled against the inclination to add just one more, and then just one more. If I felt could manage a game of eleven, I would have done so.

In the end, I've decided to take seven rather than six, because as hard as it was to winnow the list to seven, it became impossible to make any further reductions.

So here they are:

Melara Richter - Ace Pilot
Patrick “Win” Winslow - Soldier / Browncoat
Helsinki - Gunslinger / Tinkerer
Jon Baxter - Techie / Electrical Engineer
Bastian - Artist / Natural Reader
Cascius "Cash" Posey - Small-world "doctor"
Kai Nielsen - Fearless Leader

Thanks again to all who submitted concepts. Attrition being what it is on these boards, I would be more than happy to accept any of those who ultimately weren't selected as alternates.

For the rest of you, I'll open the RG thread tomorrow morning, and then we'll get starting pulling things together.

Thanks again.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
And yes, I would list Ghost as an alt, but since he didn't make the first cut, probably best to design for what is needed if that possibility arises.

Have fun. I'm outta here.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Watus said:
Let me first say that the quality of the submissions for this game was far and above the level of my expectations. All of the characters felt like they belonged in the world of Firefly and would have more than earned their keep on any given ship. In the end, this decision was much more difficult that I had anticipated, and I struggled against the inclination to add just one more, and then just one more. If I felt could manage a game of eleven, I would have done so.

In the end, I've decided to take seven rather than six, because as hard as it was to winnow the list to seven, it became impossible to make any further reductions.

So here they are:

Melara Richter - Ace Pilot
Patrick “Win” Winslow - Soldier / Browncoat
Helsinki - Gunslinger / Tinkerer
Jon Baxter - Techie / Electrical Engineer
Bastian - Artist / Natural Reader
Cascius "Cash" Posey - Small-world "doctor"
Kai Nielsen - Fearless Leader

Thanks again to all who submitted concepts. Attrition being what it is on these boards, I would be more than happy to accept any of those who ultimately weren't selected as alternates.

For the rest of you, I'll open the RG thread tomorrow morning, and then we'll get starting pulling things together.

Thanks again.
Thanks for choosing me to be part of this :D

I'm going to swap out a Cha level for a level in personality, that way Bastian will be able to use his 'connections' to get access to the upper crust of society, and this will lend further respectableness to having Bastian on board.

BTW who is the Captain of the Spaceship, and how are we going to be brought together, as mentioned before, I'd like Bastian to be either a 'payin customer' or to have shares in the ship.

Shayuri

First Post
*pushes tinted goggles back over her forehead and nods*

Looks like you boys got yourself a pilot. Lookin' forward to meetin' the rest of the crew...not to mention of course, the ship herself.

What's the make and model? New? Old? She have a name? Any 'optional extras?' *wink*

Remove ads