• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
A small crowd gathers as you crest the ridge which overlooks the camp. Some eye the gith nervously, but as most are armed with tools or at best, hunting weapons, there is little risk. One man steps forward from the crowd, a tall mul with a heartpick in his right hand and no left arm. Seeing Rakskon, he calls out "So! You have been successful, I see. Welcome, strangers, to Tenpug's camp." Behind him, you see a large stone building, its doors flanked by statues of lion-headed humanoids. The faint smell of baking bread wafts through the doorway in a cloud of smoke.

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus

Whistling softly at the sight of the metal Great Axe Ursus picks it up and hefts it up and down to test it's weight.

"If no one else minds, I think I can find some use for this."

Upon entering the village Ursus immediately tilts his head back and inhales deeply with a small smile on his face.

"Mmmm, fresh bread. It has been a long time since I have eaten anything more than trail rations. Let's introduce ourselves quickly so that we can take a moment to procure some food before we busy ourselves with talk and planning."

Ursus steps forward and bows his head towards the Mul with the heartpick, "Greetings to you all, my name is Ursus. May I be invited to enjoy the shade of your village?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Of course. Come inside, please," as he ushers you into the temple. "Teva, have Arcus help you find somewhere to keep the prisoners." A middle-aged human woman, weathered but strong, and a half-giant move to take the gith off of Grykee's hands.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee Diplo +27 Intim +10 SenMot +17 Bluff +23

Grykee turns to the woman, "Teva is it? I am Grykee. Please see too it my prisoners get a half days ration of water each. I want them in good shape for my questioning later."*

She turns back to Tenpug. "I am Grykee and these are my men. Garak my lieutenant, Ursus, Ristu, Arriha, and Uden. Thank you for your welcome. I would like to settle my men in for rest and discuss this mission with at leisure afterward."

OOC
*Grykee is attempting to subtly make it clear who 'owns' the two Gith. While this may be percieved as a challenge to Tenpug here in his village, she is also trying to be diplomatic, a little. It should be noted that the companions know that anything Grykee declares is hers, is (for the most part) theirs as well...

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Teva does not seem inclined to argue with you. She nods noncommittally as she marches the gith away, the hulking figure of Arcus hovering over them.

Tenpug says "Certainly, certainly. Our carpenters are away at the moment; you can use their tent." He shows you to a fairly roomy tent, the floor littered with splinters but otherwise empty.

Jarval

Explorer
Uden waves cheerfully to Tenpug as Grykee introduces him. He nudges his elven friend gently, bending down to whisper to Grykee.

"Ask if we can have some food."

Lurking at the rear of the group, Garak smiles a little, amused to see Grykee taking charge of things so soon after arriving. Content to let her do the negotiating, he climbs down off his mount, and examines Kejo's wounds.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee Diplo +27 Intim +10 SenMot +17 Bluff +23

"This tent will be fine. If either food can be brought here or my crew can be shown to your meal hall, whichever is fine, we can speak about this mission."

Grkee turns to Garak. "See to it we get settled in here and everyone gets their wounds attended to if need be. Take stock of the loot. Also I want one of us with the Gith helping to guard them. Come up with a rotation for each of us, I'll go look in on them now myself, while Tenpug and I discuss this mission."

She says to Tenpug, "I would like to see where the prisoners are being held, we can talk on the way. The quicker I know what exactly is going on the faster we can rid your problem."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Garak gets everyone settled; an astonishingly short man, barely three feet tall and slimly proportioned, comes to treat your wounds with a combination of salves and water magic.

Grykee and Tenpug go to an empty, dusty room which smells faintly of tanning fluids. The walls are covered in murals, though the details are concealed by cobwebs. The gith have already been brought here, and are tied securely under the guard of Arcus.

OOC: Urden heals 13, Ursus 7, and Garak 5. All of you are treated with a salve that will increase your healing tonight by 50%.

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus

Scratching idly at his now healed wounds Ursus trots off to get something to eat. Food in hand he walks around the settlement trying to get an idea of the size, layout, and number of weapons and people able to use them.

Remove ads