• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Spine, Red Blood: A Dark Sun 3.5 Campaign

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Thank you.

Also Paxus you might want to consider starting a Rogues Gallery--Black Spine, Red Blood character thread. Then all th character would be on one page (or two) instead of wandering across 5 or 6 pages.

--EvilE--

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
evileeyore said:
Thank you.

Also Paxus you might want to consider starting a Rogues Gallery--Black Spine, Red Blood character thread. Then all th character would be on one page (or two) instead of wandering across 5 or 6 pages.

--EvilE--

Here it is.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
You're missing the free exotic weapon proficiency from Gladiator level one, and it would be helpful if you listed your bonus feats in the feat section. Otherwise, looks good.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
You're missing the free exotic weapon proficiency from Gladiator level one, and it would be helpful if you listed your bonus feats in the feat section. Otherwise, looks good.

ok i will make the changes.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Deflect Missiles was a good choice for your Talent btw.

I noticed a few of you (Garak and insertname1/2Giant) do not have height, weight, appearance, etc. All I have to say is:

Hop to it! Chop-Chop! :)

Looking over the heights we do have, I notice I have to look up at the Mul. D'oh! The elf is shorter than the Mul. I'll never live this down back at the tribe. Thankfully I was kicked out...

Atleast that Lizard Druidess had the respect to be shorter than me, so I got something going in my favor... :p

On combat tactics...

My character is likely to start off with Fate Link linking someone small to someone big. Like a wizard or other caster to the meat thug. Then our thugs can happily wail on their thug and hurt the caster at the same time. If I get it off I'll shout out a short descript, thereby alerting our heavies who to smack around.

I can also make a weaker willed enemy or two into my beyotch and have them turn on their comrades or just tie themselves up.

Should the above fail, I can also run away screaming like a girl. I can run for days...

My primary team role is out of combat in team contract negotiations and as the front-man. Here I can really shine. And I don't even have to resort to Greater Dominate, atleast not right off the bat...

--EvilE--

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Keia said:
Psionic Combat:
Resting Mode: Reflex Catechesis +2
Mode Check: +7 [+7 Base]

How do I figure out my Mode Check? And what is a 'Resting Mode'?

Is this important? I figure it must be as it made it onto Keia's character sheet...

--EvilE--

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
evileeyore said:
How do I figure out my Mode Check? And what is a 'Resting Mode'?

Is this important? I figure it must be as it made it onto Keia's character sheet...

--EvilE--

Mode check can be calculated as follows: take 1/2 psion levels, 1/3 psychic warrior levels, and 1/5 other class levels. Add these values, rounding down after all addition is complete. Add 2 if you have psion levels. The resting mode is the mode you will use if caught flatfooted by a psionic attacker.

More complete, clarified version of Garak posted on the Rogue's Gallery thread.

A few questions, etc...

Paxus, I think the inix stats in Terrors of Athas are a little wonky. The book says an inix can attack with a bite or a tail slap. If an inix can make either a bite or tail slap attack in a round, but not both, then each attack should (according to the MM) use the primary attack bonus and deal (damage + 1-1/2 Str). Is this an error? Can an inix make both bite and tail slap attacks in a round, or should the attack stats be updated to reflect the fact that it only has one usable natural attack each round?

What do people think of the Incense of Meditation? Is this a worthwhile use of 4900cp? I'm a little undecided here, because Garak probably won't use direct-damage spells that much, and 4900cp would buy an awful lot of potion fruits and so on. Any alternatives to suggest?

In terms of group strengths, the glaring hole is stealthy/thieving type abilities, though the psions might be able to help a little there. I'm also not sure if we have anyone at all who is literate...

Tactically Garak is pretty flexible. He'll probably leave the direct attack magic to Lifeheart, whose spell save DCs will be much higher. Garak's combat magic is more likely to be things like bless, oil spray, giant vermin and other spells that can aid the group as a whole, plus utility spells like Dispel Magic where the save DC isn't so much of an issue. Our melee hitters seem to have lowish Will saves and ACs, so a few defensive spells will be on the agenda too. He'll always keep a few buff spells memorised - with divine power, (greater) magic weapon and divine favour going he is every bit as good a melee combatant as the fighter-types. He'll fight from inix-back whenever possible, and will use the extra mobility to lend weight wherever it may be needed at the time, and to get to downed friends quickly to heal them. His primary melee tactic agains stronger foes is to rage, charge and, using a two-handed flail with Spirited Charge, Improved Sunder and a couple of points of Power Attack, try to break his enemy's weapon with the first attack. Against groups of weak bad guys, he will get in close and let his armour do the hard work (continual 40ft radius Fear aura vs all enemies, DC17 Will save or flee...)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
humble minion said:
More complete, clarified version of Garak posted on the Rogue's Gallery thread.

A few questions, etc...

Paxus, I think the inix stats in Terrors of Athas are a little wonky. The book says an inix can attack with a bite or a tail slap. If an inix can make either a bite or tail slap attack in a round, but not both, then each attack should (according to the MM) use the primary attack bonus and deal (damage + 1-1/2 Str). Is this an error? Can an inix make both bite and tail slap attacks in a round, or should the attack stats be updated to reflect the fact that it only has one usable natural attack each round?

Only one attack per round, and so Str bonus x1.5 for damage.

Remove ads