Blank Slate (Everyone Welcome)

Avalon®

First Post
At first there was only nothing in the void between worlds. Suddenly, a form stirred within as it felt echoes of things yet to come. Fractured thoughts come to him from out of the aether. He envisions vast armies locked in deadly dances of death, creatures of metal and stone being carved with inscriptions in unknown or yet undreamed of tongues, and a creature works feverishly in a darkened enclosure to perfect a powder that can tear whole lands asunder. More thoughts come upon him. In the time to come, a hellion would find a way to part the veil between realities and make contact with the things trapped between, a warrior born of earth and fire would raise an iron hammer single-handedly against an army so vast that it shook the earth when they marched, and a being of learning would unlock powers that would earn him life everlasting. These thoughts give it strength. With but a thought, a figure tears himself from the void between worlds. He peers at the vast emptiness that he is both a part of and yet now separate from. This plane is still young and yet voices call upon him and thoughts form in his mind on how to mold them to his will. With but a wave of his hand, he begins his task. Only the strong will survive and he will be the one to ensure that these visions of the future will come to fruition.

Name: Ilem Nth Sabbatur
Portfolio: Survival of the Fittest, Battle, Foresight, Knowledge of the Future, Progress, Invention
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Symbol: A hammer that has one side with an axe-head over a partly-open book covered in undecipherable writing.
Dogma: Only the strongest are fit to survive. The future has many things in store that can only be brought to fruition by those who are strong in both mind and body. Nothing shall delay the advance of the inevitable future.

Ambrus

Explorer
Great in-character post Shayuri! Right along the lines I was thinking. With nothing to block Nexus' light, there could be no darkness anywhere. Kudos to you. Together, you and I have brought the world into being! :D

Shayuri

First Post
Arr...I thought about it though, and realized Whisper's not really a "creator" god. She's a manipulator. In that vein, I did a rewrite, and said that she didn't make the planets herself...rather, she put a bug in Nexus' ear to get HIM to make the planets...making it sound perfectly reasonable from his perspective, while keeping quiet about why SHE wants it done.

That's really more her style. :)

Ambrus

Explorer
Makes sense. The Nexus will go along with the Whisper's suggestion. The fool; it knows not what it has wrought. :uhoh:

So should I just keep creating stuff or does someone else want a turn? Are others waiting for me to create all the big stuff first?

Shayuri

First Post
Now now, this is a win-win situation here. You get pretty little baubles to look at, I get places to sneak and brew my little schemes. Whisper's not -evil- after all. Wholly. Muahaha.

Seems like the next stage in creation would be life...Ilem would need that to exist, since there can't be survival of the fittest without life to survive and be fit. Perhaps this is where the Dreamer makes his entrance? Maybe he wants something more than the dreams of the three existing gods so far. Big dreams, sure...but so few! He might see in the world the potential to house more dreamers...dreamers made not from the Empyreal flesh of gods, but from the dust and water of the physical realm, of which there is nearly endless supply, and thus he could make as many dreaming minds as he wished.

Or something like that.

Ambrus

Explorer
Well, so far we've got time, light, darkness, fire, earth and air, along with the sun, the stars and some planets. Before life, we'd first need to "just add water". ;)

It's a little trickier for a god of fire to create water, but I'm not adverse to giving it a shot. I'm also itching to create life; one guess what that'll be... :p

Darimaus

First Post
OK, for all new applicants. At this stage, it would be best if you worked with the pre-existing gods for your creation. Only the three Gods get to be spawned from nothingness.

I'm thinking Dreamer could probably be a child born from Whisper and Nexus. The power of the suggestion becomes a seed for a new entity to be born. Since the forms of the Gods are new and unstable, interaction with different things has the power to cause unintended or unique reactions.

Instead of being born from the void between planets, I think Ilem should be born from within the sun. Its the first material example of friction, two things trying to be in one place at the same time and creating massive energies from their conflicts. I believe thats perfect starting point for the God of Battle/Survival of the fittest.

If there are no objections to these creation suggestions for Dreamer and Ilem, go ahead and post them in the RG and get started in the IC threads. If anyone has anything else to input on them, we can wait and get things just right.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
That's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. So how's about it Shayuri? You wanna produce some godlings? :p

Shayuri

First Post
Oh, you sweet-talker. :)

Course, that does raise practical issues. They'd have to meet on neutral ground as it were...

Perhaps if he sends an avatar to one of the planets to check out what's going on where he can't see.

Ambrus

Explorer
I like something you wrote in your post, so I think I'll change my god's name to the "Empyrean". The "Divine Nexus" can be a title of sorts.

The penumbra at the edge of each planet is a neutral ground of sorts where we both already exist. In that sense, we're already right next to each other. As I work my way down the chain of creation I'll probably try forming avatars. This is kind of fun. :)

Remove ads