• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BLEB1: Beer Run (stonegod - Designated Driver)

Patlin

Explorer
Someone said:
It would take much less time in character to stay adventuring in Sharn until one of us can cast Teleport Circle.

ooc: Now that is depressing. I suppose the good news is that Rio will be able to cast Phantom Steed in only 8 more levels... ;)

After the group discusses the logisitics of the situation, Rionus looks to Brews for suggestions.

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn shrugs.
"Brews old tod, I don't mean to slight the golden grain and its fermented perfection, but I think you'd better tell your patrons to tighten the old belt and let anticipation sharpen desire. If we leave now, we might get next years brewing, and it'll be aged in cask for another year while we get it back here."

Kenn sniffs and looks forlornly at his empty glass.
"I'm not sure I have the strength of will to wait that long for absinthe."

ajanders

Explorer
OOC Note: What product do I need to plot quickly and easily the route for a journey between Sharn and Rekkenmark? And why the devil isn't it in the campaign setting?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Explorer's Handbook has all the relevant info (though the ECS has some info on page 121, that price is for First Class, not Second Class or Steerage).

Wik

First Post
Khoros shrugs. "I say we walk. Always good. Or... we could 'hitch' a ride on a lightning rail. How much does it cost to ship a large crate to, say, Karnath?" Khoros raises one bushy eyebrow.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I'm inclined to wait on clarification from Bront before discussing further. It seems like we're missing a puzzle piece here... maybe Brews intended to provide transport or something?

Wik

First Post
Bront said:
"Get there however you want. You'll need a cart going back, at least I sure hope you do. Lawrence says I can get up to 20 barrels, and I don't think you can carry them all."

OOC: Something tells me transportation is up to us. I kind of like the idea of just shipping us there in a box. :)

Patlin

Explorer
Wik said:
OOC: Something tells me transportation is up to us. I kind of like the idea of just shipping us there in a box. :)

ooc: Yeah, I saw that. I guess I'm wondering whether Bront realized exactly how far away this place is... that map can be pretty deceptive if you don't take a close look at the scale. Does Brews really expect us to go 4,000 miles each way for this beer run?

Moggthegob

First Post
Mardigan recalls the prices of transport " Well standard fare is 2 sp per mile, so 5000 * 2= 10,000 sp= 1000 gp. That is a little out of our price range. However, in *shudders* steerage the fare is 3 cp/mile so 3* 5000= 15000 and in gop= 150 per person. Additionally I might have been able to get a discount and likely free fare for myself. However, there is nto way t oget there from here on lightning rail without going through Metrol and well that is not on the top of my to do list.

" The other options are taking horse, swiftbred light warhorses will get us there and back in about 100 days, which seems to be a mite too slow for our purposes, aside fro mthe fact that it, too is pricey. The only feasible way to get to there from here in time is by airship which is well beyond our means and I have no connections in Lyrandar to help us. Sailing is no better an option either. Its not faster tha going by horse!!"
Mardigan sighs, " I hate karrnath for being so isolated !!"
Then he grins a big grin Hey brews, travel costs don't happen to be on you do they?

ajanders

Explorer
"I seem to recall," Kenn says dryly, "that the lightning rail moves at the speed of thirty miles an hour."

He starts drawing with his finger in a spilled puddle of beer.
"So... 720 miles a day assuming we never stop anywhere for any reason...4000 miles total, call it... five and a half days straight in a crate. Assuming we don't stop for breakdowns or new passengers anywhere between here and Rekkenmark."

Kenn wipes the beer clean with a handkerchief.
"I'm not terribly enthused about this plan already, and we have yet to discuss what we say to the guard who discovers we don't match the manifest. Does anyone have a suggestion not involving nailing ourselves into a box for a week?"

He ponders for a moment.
"If there's any little task we could do for the esteemed House Orien or one of its most luminant scions" -- a sweep of his hand indicates Mardigan--"in exchange for transport, perhaps some sort of mutual cleanliness could be devised, eh? One hand washing the other and all that."

Remove ads