• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BLEB1: Beer Run (stonegod - Designated Driver)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: The map be here, and if you look along the lightning rail is lists distances. Its not quite the same distances as in the Explorer's handbook, but its close.

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn grins.
"It'll be nice to see the rest of the world. Kuther, if you can count out 50 gold for me, I'd appreciate it. Tickets to Thaliost and across Scion's Sound: if we can't manage that, we can go to Flamekeep and north along the Sound."

He shoulders a pack, leaning slightly under the weight.
"Let's go have an adventure!"

Wik

First Post
Khoros shakes his head. "Lightning Rail... something says I'll be sick. If only I had some of that magic brew before we left... I could sleep through the trip!"

IamTheTest

First Post
Fritz looks to Khoros, Don't worry, I'm sure it's going to be a fun trip! Fritz looks very excited to go on the lightning rail, he's never been on it before.

Moggthegob

First Post
Mardigan smiles at the child "Ah, kids!" Mardigan reflects on what it was ocne liek to be a kid and how his first lightning railtrip went.The trip literally changed my life. I loved. Of course, I was riding first class. Poor kid, steerage is going to change his mind bout lightning rails

Mardigan then stands up, collects his 50 gold galifars and says " Ok Brews, we're off. We won't let you down. To the railstation!"

Bront

The man with the probe
Brews smiles and lets you out of the room, "Have fun, and I want to hear all about it when you get back. We'll talk over a beer."

It's a short jaunt to the Lightning Rail staiton. Run by house Orien, their house crest marks the building as much as the flow of people and goods. The bustle of people in the area seems to be a bit larger than usuall, perhaps due to the late afternoon hour.

Wading though the crowd, you manage to make your way to a teller. The middle aged gnome woman smiles from behind thick glasses. A her nametag says Berta, and as you step up to her window, she says "Can I help you?" in a nasaly voice.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I'll take it that this means the portable hole idea isn't seriously being put forward, as we would need to act on that before leaving Sharn.

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn smiles politely and doffs his hat to speak to the lady.
"Yes ma'am. Master Mardigan d'Orien is traveling with a party on business to Rekkenmark. If you could, would you be able to advise us whether it's better to get a boat at Thaliost or at Flamekeep?"

Kenn tries to look polite as he makes his Diplomacy check.
Kenn's Diplomacy check (1d20+5=24)

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
ooc: I'll take it that this means the portable hole idea isn't seriously being put forward, as we would need to act on that before leaving Sharn.

ooc: We'll miss that portable hole before long, though it's true I frst thought on the amusement factor of the portable hole full of beer. And even buying one and the selling it at standard pices would be a cost comparable to the travel expenses we're dealing with.

IC: Tam arrives a bit late. "You're in a hurry. We're leaving for a long time, and I almost had no time to say my wife goodbye."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads